Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

6 minutes ago, Peter_L said:

Yes, you're right. I'm surprised to see so many bids (19) on this so early on

Im not really.........................

On 29/05/2017 at 9:29 AM, Malc said:

hope it goes to a good home where the buyer will get her back on the road

Malc

No point in shelling out £1270 unless he/she had a good insight into getting this car back on the road and owning a classic. Good luck to whoever

I noticed :withstupid:the same bidder kept outbidding themselves throughout the auction, same pattern with some other of the same sellers items. It was 'probably' one of the most expensive 1993, LS400, no MOT, Flat Battery, no test drive possible, must be transported away (to whatever part of UK the 'buyer' was in).............of all time:wink3:

3 hours ago, dendonc said:

I noticed :withstupid:the same bidder kept outbidding themselves throughout the auction, same pattern with some other of the same sellers items. It was 'probably' one of the most expensive 1993, LS400, no MOT, Flat battery, no test drive possible, must be transported away (to whatever part of UK the 'buyer' was in).............of all time:wink3:

If a bidder puts in a high max bid, each time the bidding is increased by another interested party the first parties bid increases marginally.  Nothing strange about the bidding at all.

ps

Why so disgruntled that it fetched a good price?

has it sold then ? and at what price ?  does anyone know what an old dry stored Ls400 is really worth ?

Hope the new owner joins LOC and tells us the story of the re-commissioning etc.:wink3:

Thanks

Malc

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

If a bidder puts in a high max bid, each time the bidding is increased by another interested party the first parties bid increases marginally.

I don't think you understood my post, based on what you've written above

Not all bids are shown when a bidder has a maximum bid level  his trumps the new bidder and the new bidder is not shown . Hence the increasing level seemingly by same bidder.

but maybe I don't follow what you are saying. 

Malcolm £1,270 was the sale price

3 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Not all bids are shown when a bidder has a maximum bid level  his trumps the new bidder and the new bidder is not shown . Hence the increasing level seemingly by same bidder.

but maybe I don't follow what you are saying. 

Malcolm £1,270 was the sale price

Runsgrateas is correct. I was, of course, watching very closely and I got a notification on my phone every time a new bid came in. Nobody outbid himself. You need to understand automatic bidding to understand how it can look like they did.

I may suggest to the new owner that he joins LOC so he can keep you all up to date with the progress. I may even look in myself every now and then.  ( but I won't mention to him that some enthusiasts reckoned the car was worth less than £100). 😉

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter_L said:

( but I won't mention to him that some enthusiasts reckoned the car was worth less than £100). 😉

I hope not, its worth at least 2 or 3 times above that:wink3:

Peter, I think you achieved a really good price for a relatively unknown quantity so far as potential costs are concerned, assuming the car is being re-commissioned.

Well done

Malc

Well the buyer sent a recovery firm to collect the car on Saturday morning. He sent me a message later in the day to st he had received it and that he was very happy with it. He had already charged the Battery and got it running but said it needed a few things doing before putting it on the road. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...