Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loving it so far....

Chris_G

Hi guys, just introducing myself....

I just joined the Lexus party, trading in a BMW 3-Series for a 2007 IS 220D and - wow, sooo happy by comparison ! :-)   Not sure how well I did, but she's an 07 plate, as I said, with refurbed 18" alloys, SatNav, keyless entry and start, electronic memory seats, voice command recognition - most of this stuff might be standard but, to me, as the ex-driver of an (as usual) rather spartan Beemer, this is utter luxury ! :-)  Pulls like a train, too, although I'm not quite sure what is the point of that 6th gear, since I can't seem to get anywhere near using it properly ... ?

Only niggle I have is - the hand-brake was sloppy so I asked the seller to get it sorted - he's taken it to a local garage which I know to be a bit slap-dash (they once returned a car to me after a service with the rear wheel nuts only finger-tight !!) and, sure enough, it has come back with the (manual) gear-shift gaiter pushed in to the housing, just hanging down loose, where they have gained access to the handbrake adjustment.  I can't see how to clip it back, and I suspect they have broke off the clips, although I don't know, because I don't know what they should look like.  Anyone familiar with this, and got any tips for sorting it out, please ?   The seller is a mate (albeit - he's in the motor trade), and I don't really want to have to go back to him moaning about such a small thing on an overall brilliant car, would rather sort it myself.

Would really welcome all your top 5 tips, tricks and traps for this amazing new motor... ! :-)

Cheers all -

Chris.

Lexi_sm.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Chris welcome to the LOC, car looks great. When posting please give some time when posting because when hit the post button it will post it twice or as many times as you hit the post button. I have removed the duplicate post.

Ditto, welcome to the forum.

It's interesting to hear someone moving away from the 'mainstream' Germanic marques and settling on our nitch brand. I also follow a Civic forum and many Honda owners seem to moving to BMW's.

Sorry to hear that you have an issue withe IS tho. Hopefully you can get it sorted without too much hassle. Good luck and enjoy.

Hello and a warm welcome to the lexus owners club. 

Glad to hear your loving your new lexus so far 😀 it looks lovely. Just like my previous is220d which was also black.

Probably best forget you have a 6th gear. Like yourself I couldn't see the point in it unless your traveling well over 80mph and want to get pulled over by the rozzers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links