• 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
    • Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

gdh300

Super GT Round 3 - Autopolis, Sunday 21st May

1 post in this topic

This weekend is the third round of the 2017 Japanese Super GT season at the Autopolis circuit, missing since the devastating Kumamoto earthquake. Lexus have been doing very well with both the LC500 in GT500 and the RC-F in GT300 but a little more effective competiton would be welcome!

Qualifying take places tomorrow with the race on Sunday; live streaming will be on the Nismo TV YouTube channel from 6.00am UK time. A link to the official website is just here, and a picture from the website is attached...

gta-r2-photo-062.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By gdh300
      It's Round 4 of the IMSA Weathertech series this weekend with the Advance Auto Parts Sportscar Showdown at COTA in Austin, Texas. The two RC-Fs have qualified second and seventh in their GTD class of 17 cars (don't worry, the 'D' bit refers to Daytona, not Diesel).
      I somehow missed the last race (The Bubba Burger Sportscar Grand Prix, I kid you not) at Long Beach. It's not the best of circuits but was notable for two big blockages, the second of which was unfortunately caused by the #15 Lexus at the last corner on the last lap. You can see the ambitious overtake here. I read something that appeared in my alerts that was posted on a BMW fan site that said:
      When on the road I often say "if anything is going to screw up your day, it's going to be a Lexus". I say this regularly witnessing Lexuss driven poorly, or well under the speed limit. And it looks like things aren't different on the track, that was the stupidest crash
      The irony!
      Live coverage of the race will be streamed through imsa.tv, starting I think at 2300 1930 UK time.
    • By gdh300
      For anyone fortunate enough not to face the daily commute tomorrow morning (how I envy you!), the second race of this year's Super GT will be run at picturesque Fuji, 6am UK time. No, I don't know why its been run a Friday either; perhaps it's a public holiday in Japan? You can catch live streaming at Nismo TV on YouTube. At the first race, it was a Lexus benefit with Honda self-destructing and Nissan being way off the pace. Official website is here: Super GT
    • By gdh300
      This weekend, Lexus will be challenging on two fronts in the first round of the 2017 Super GT series in Japan. There'll be plenty of the new LC500s competing in the premier 'silhoutte' GT500 category against the NS-Xs and GT-Rs, while the new GT3 spec RC-F will be competing in the 'production' GT300 category. 
      If you haven't seen any Super GT, it is definitely worth a look. The Japanese have some great circuits with frequently unpredictable weather and the fanatical, partisan crowds are quite something to see. The GT500s are - from what I remember - all based on the same chassis and are closely related to those run in the similar DTM. However, where the two series differ in terms of car spec is while the DTM run normally aspirated V8s, Super GT use turbo-charged four pots, and are very quick. The GT300 category not only allows international GT3 spec motors like the AMG and Ferrari 488s, but also some domestic specials; you'll soon spot the very fast Prius. Other highlights are the Police parade lap at the start, the twin grid start and the HSE nightmare of spectator buses running round the track with cars at full chat!
      And this season, Nismo TV will be streaming races live on their YouTube channel which means some early mornings. The official Super GT website is here.