Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tailgate button

Stangamble

Hi everyone just a random bit of information I found on my recently aquirred CT.. On the CT tailgate to the right of the opening, oblong, button there is a round one. On investigation I found that if pressed it will lock the car in the same way as the front door sensor ie: one press to lock and one more within 5secs to deadlock.

As this info is not in the manual I thought I would share it.

• Like 1

the car has about 4 antennas so it knows the whereabouts of the keys so you cant lock the car with the keys in it

but if you can lock the car iwith the keys inside surely you could unlock the car also so maybe not an issue after all.

9 hours ago, 200h said:

the car has about 4 antennas so it knows the whereabouts of the keys so you cant lock the car with the keys in it

but if you can lock the car iwith the keys inside surely you could unlock the car also so maybe not an issue after all.

Hmm.... If you can unlock it presumably anyone else can??

24 minutes ago, johnno said:

Doesn't the key have to be in the proximity?  :whistling: as per the above caricature.

On 21/05/2017 at 7:34 PM, johnno said:

john its just like your IS your keys have to be with you for the unlock to work

19 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Yep this button is also on the RX

My RX only has the rectangular button to activate the opening and closing of the tailgate.  To lock/deadlock the car I have to use the button on the fob or the sensor on the door handle.

1 hour ago, steveledzep said:

My RX only has the rectangular button to activate the opening and closing of the tailgate.  To lock/deadlock the car I have to use the button on the fob or the sensor on the door handle.

It's on the right of that - it's really small and round. Almost feels like a nipple

4 hours ago, 200h said:

john its just like your IS your keys have to be with you for the unlock to work

I agree Mark. I was just pointing out that if it was true that you could lock and unlock the car if the keys were inside (and hence in the vicinity) then anyone pressing the button could do the same. Anyway it isn't true! The car won't let you lock them inside, I found out by accident!

On 2017-5-24 at 10:08 PM, steveledzep said:

After reading this thread, I took a look yesterday.  Didn't spot anything there.  Wasn't looking for a nipple though.....well you don't do you ?  I'll look again.

I could take a picture - but its raining outside.

If you open your hatch halfway and pop your head underneath - next to the rectangle button to open the hatch, there'll be a spherical thing next to it, very small in comparison and itll lock the car

• Like 1

On 2017-5-29 at 6:20 PM, steveledzep said:

Thanks for that Rayaan, I see it now.  I was looking next to the rectangular button used to electrically close the tailgate...doh !!

Tell you what's weird. After taking a look at the 4RX in the showroom which had its boot open, it has the same button to close the hatch as ours, yet the ones in the states get the button which you can press twice to lock the car when the boot shuts!

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

Tell you what's weird. After taking a look at the 4RX in the showroom which had its boot open, it has the same button to close the hatch as ours, yet the ones in the states get the button which you can press twice to lock the car when the boot shuts!

Not sure what you mean ?  Can they press close and two blips for lock and alarm then walk away before tailgate has closed ?  Whereas we have to wait until tailgate is closed before we press the nipple twice ?  Hope nobody's reading this out of context :ohmy:

1 hour ago, steveledzep said:

Not sure what you mean ?  Can they press close and two blips for lock and alarm then walk away before tailgate has closed ?  Whereas we have to wait until tailgate is closed before we press the nipple twice ?  Hope nobody's reading this out of context :ohmy:

On the 4th gen RX yes, they have a 2x written on their tailgate closing button so you press it twice and it'll lock and alarm itself when closed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links