Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h - buying.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a question about whether I should go for the RX400h (probably one of the run-out models) or an early RX450h.

After reading the replies, and thinking a little more (and upping my purchasing budget slightly), I have decided to opt for a 450, as it will be my intention to keep whatever I buy for a minimum of five years.

As I understand it, the SE-I model has traditional suspension, and the SE-L has air suspension - is that correct?

And as with some other manufacturers, would air suspension be something to avoid?

How does the range for 2009-2011 cars line up?

From the entry level to the top spec - what is the order?

My guess is:

1 - SE

2 - SE-I

3 - SE-L

I have seen a couple of "Advance" models (2011MY) - where do they fit into the range?

So many questions I'm afraid! - But having made a decision, I'm really looking forward to finding the right car!

Edited to add:  Of course, if I had clicked on the link at the top of the forum, some of my questions will have been answered! D'OH!

On 2017-5-21 at 4:57 PM, Meeja said:

As I understand it, the SE-I model has traditional suspension, and the SE-L has air suspension - is that correct?

In general, yes. However, the 2010-2012 RX450h SE-L Premier had the option of Active Stabilizers - explained HERE. This came with steel spring suspension. For some reason (cost perhaps?) it seems to have been dropped following the 2012 facelift.

I have this on my car and it is superb, no noticeable body roll in corners whatsoever and a really smooth ride on the straight (when the stabilizers are turned off completely). It doesn't have the ability to lower the car, as the air suspension does, but then there are no leaking bladders to replace. It's also great fun when you connect the car to Techstream and do a test on the stabilizers - the car does a sort of waggle-dance! :yes:

I've also attached a list of features across the 2010-2012 RX models.

I hope this is helpful.

David.

Lexus RX Featrures (2010).pdf

• Like 3