Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Right, I’ve now had the GS for 6 weeks and have done just over 2,000 miles. I thought I’d do a comparison between my old IS (previously my favourite car) and the GS. What can I say? Well, in almost every respect the GS is better! One thing I thought I’d miss would be the IS’s mid range torque which made for quick overtaking. Don’t miss it at all. Although I spend most of the time pootling around in Eco mode a quick right of the dial to Sport gives me plenty of power to rapidly pull away from those Audi tailgaters!

There’s no point me making a bit by bit comparison because as mentioned the GS is better in every respect. Therefore thought I’d concentrate on the negatives. This took a lot of thinking. There are only two things I miss about the IS. The first is the lights that light up around the speedo and rev counter when you reach a certain speed/rev. However, I can live without that as the HUD more than compensates. The other thing I miss is the TA button on the dash where I could just quickly switch traffic announcements on and off as required. Just wish the GS had the same rather than having to go through the menus to do what should be an easy thing. However, I think I can live without that!

Am a very happy chappy and glad I made the change. The GS is now my favourite car.

PS Also managed to break the 50 mpg barrier during my last tank of petrol. Was lucky to get 40 on the IS!

• Like 4

Good to know, thanks for posting.

I would love to follow a similar path to you Alan, but unfortunately funds do not allow it at the moment.  Perhaps in the future. :smile:

• Like 1

Not a problem for me as I prefer the GS over the IS anyway. :smile:

It is just a shame there are so few newer GS's for sale.  If you want a certain spec (and I do), it can push the price up considerably.

I agree. I was very fussy over spec and both interior and exterior colour. We were lucky that we popped into the dealer the day we did. I think we paid a bit over the odds but don't regret it at all.