Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mods questions

Hi guys

there is a company in Eastbourne that can map the ISF. Will give 25 more HP and 20 more Torque. Is that worth doing for 300 plus vat.

also I see there was a long thread regarding after marker air intakes. Can you advise if that is also worth replacing as I believe the takeda one is mentioned as being pretty good for sound!

cheers

bob

12 minutes ago, robbyg said:

Hi guys

there is a company in Eastbourne that can map the ISF. Will give 25 more HP and 20 more Torque. Is that worth doing for 300 plus vat.

also I see there was a long thread regarding after marker air intakes. Can you advise if that is also worth replacing as I believe the takeda one is mentioned as being pretty good for sound!

cheers

bob

Hi Bob, if you believe the US forums the Takeda could lose you close to the gains you could get from the map.

The Takeda has great feedback for noise, I considered getting one. Personally I would choose performance or noise, the two together aren't a great performance mod IMO. 

If you go ahead with the map, please let us know what it's like. 

Thanks for quick response Mark. Not sure it is worth the cost to gain so little. Will 25 HP or 20 torque increase be noticeable

Here are the comments from my enquiry;

Hello bob, we can remap these but due to them being naturally aspirated we can't get a lot more out of them.£300.00

Sounds pretty cheap to me. If real, those gains are good for an NA engine. Normally need headers and a less restrictive exhaust to get that sort of increase.

Been interested in a Takeda intake myself. To release a little more sound. I am concerned about the power loss myself, however there is too much controversy on the US forum to get a true answer. My best guess is there is no real gain or loss and people are just arguing over variation in dyno results given by conditions on the day. Any idea where to order a Takeda system from? K&N is more easily sourced, but doesn't retain any of the original air box, and as such is more open to heat soak.

• Like 2

The guy who previously owned my car installed a Takeda intake, but told me the sound, although slightly better, wasn't massively different from standard. I guess you just lose the effect of the second intake opening halfway through the rev range, so the difference is mainly sub-3500rpm?

For some more noise, he also ended up installing a H&S cat-back system, which is... biblical! I'm more or less the most offensive, noisy car on the road (besides some of you lot!!). From cold, the car starts with a harsh bark, settling quickly into a woofling idle. As the revs increase, it sounds kind of like a C63 AMG before the full NASCAR crescendo. I love it. The wife possibly finds it a bit embarrassing...

The Takeda does have a tendency to lose bhp, but only 10 or so, and only on a very hot day - you'd only ever notice it on a dyno. If you're chasing numbers, I've read the RR Racing intake is one of the best; but being NA the gains will be pretty small...

• Like 4

Thanks for all responses guys. This forum is one the best I have used in terms of responses, knowledge, etc.

Re Takeda intake, there is one of eBay for $379 plus international postage.

Got to agree, with the engine being N/A  a noticeable increase in power without spending a lot of money is very difficult so 25bhp and a similar increase in torque is not bad for the money in my opinion.

Thanks Mark......I will book car in,  in a few months time and report back!

Car is spec apart for a ipod interface/ connection and a speed snooper!

Next will be a device that will allow DAB radio

So I have progressed from a Soarer to a LS460 and now an ISF. I cannot be any happier!

Cheers all.

Bob

• Like 1

Please keep us updated with your progress. Would love to know what tuning software they use, before / after power curves (dyno runs), etc. Wonder if this is the first IS-F they have done?

Just been looking at the prices of the Takeda system. Found somewhere I can get it delivered for under £300... but this doesnt include tax/duty. The ones off eBay are more like £370 but eBay appears to sort the tax/duty for you.

Do I take a gamble on the £300 one, or just go eBay. Not sure how tax/duty is paid. Been a long time since I imported anything.

25 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Nope not for me just curious like most Rats 🙄

🐀

Sorry 🐀....... @robbyg let us know how you get on with it, if you decide to go ahead with it. Not for me either but always interested in other people's experiences with the car. For me, exhaust is the only performance mod I would consider. 

57 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Just been looking at the prices of the Takeda system. Found somewhere I can get it delivered for under £300... but this doesnt include tax/duty. The ones off ebay are more like £370 but eBay appears to sort the tax/duty for you.

Do I take a gamble on the £300 one, or just go eBay. Not sure how tax/duty is paid. Been a long time since I imported anything.

What country is the Takeda for under £300 coming from? 

35 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Thanks. Not much difference then. Do things ever come and the duty gets missed off?

It can be cheaper if the declared value stated by the seller is lower than the paid value but unlikely. 

theres a video on youtube of a guy replacing oem intake with a takeda.....he made it look easy and only took 10 minutes.

Engine upgrade company are called south coast garage remaps (based in Eastbourne). on their facebook page you just type in reg number and they respond with the upgrade figures.

There seems to be at least a couple of companies claiming to remap in this country now.  A couple of people on here may have had maps done but I've seen no feedback on results.  Once I do, I may be inclined to get a map done

Marcus

Guys,

Sorry, been away from here for a while. DON'T buy the Takeda unless you want to lose power, yes, lose power. 

I had one, and it actually robbed power and gave my AFR readings a nasty spike when it was dyno'd.

If you want a tune, get the programmable handheld OBD 2 option from RR-Racing. Means future tuning if you add other parts is a doddle. They email you a map after you send them your base map. Then you download to your MyGenius handheld controller, plug into the OBD 2 port, and upload the new tune. Simples! :wink3:

I'd go RR-Racing titanium intake personally, that was you get the AOS to stop unwanted oil in your intake manifold. Get the foam TOM's replacement panel filter. You won't see gains from the intake side without serious exhaust work (headers, full system) and the RR-Racing tuned intake. That's what I have now. 

Hoping to do another dyno soon to see what I've gained. :cool:

Save the cash though. Avoid the Takeda. 

Cheers.

Pete

• Like 1

... Ordered my Takeda from the states this week :rolleyes:. I spent many many hours reading everything people had to say about them. Ultimately I want a little more sound, with no power loss. I couldn't find anything that proved there was power loss. I accept there may be a minor heat soak issue. But dont see that affecting me for the vast majority of the time. Thanks for the heads up on the AFR. I will be monitoring intake temps and ratios via the OBD2.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links