• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Triple weber 45 DCOE's :whistling:

for the 1g-fe that was.......

if i did the v8.....maybe a blower and Holley :o ........lol. joking of course

hmmm, carbing the is2 as you said with triple 45 or even 48.....

is a possibility....

i did actually make my own throttle body a few years ago by cutting down twin 45;s drilling and tapping the plenum to accept injectors....

i could try this using the lex injectors, but it would still be those dam electronics.

there really starting to ***** me off, there so intrusive

Okay, not knowing much about engines, excuse this post if it is utter nonsense...

But what about a flat-6 from a 911??

Okay its air cooled, and designed to be at the back, but couldnt you fit it the front?? It is compact, and has pretty good specs??

I would have though a "old style" carb motor c/w distributor is the way to go.

Would be easy to wire that up....................

Your V8 rover idea is a cracker.

You could out monster the IS430 :whistling: with a real steel 4.6

In know a chap who got a 5.3 Rover V8 in his ginetta................Got a photo of it @ Gurston down with both front wheels air borne !

why not a 3S-GTE then?

We could do a raid and steal that one in the glass case outside Friedel's office :whistling:

Cracking idea Tony - they'll be a few of us there to help....

Someone to keep Friedel occupied...

Another to break the glass....

:ph34r::shifty: :winky:

if i can pick up an engine with full loom thats will be ace, as i would go with the Fuel injection..

otherwise i intend to run it with carbs...possibly a Holley to keep the thing simple

that info would be a great help Matt :winky:

Webber 500 is supposed to be a better bet than the Holley, more power AND better economy - I wish someone had told me that before I bought a Holley :o

if one was available it would be an option......

and a nice one, however this is a full car with this engine in that is available

any FORD know it alls out there that know the Cologne motor well, all i know is there ********* ****** to set the timing on

Isnt the Cologne motor the one they had in the Capri?

If so, then they are really easy to get up to 300/400bhp with the Turbo Technics conversion apparently..

The 2.8 engine can be tuned to a reasonable level (modified cam, staged heads, steel cam gear, etc.) but the poor cylinder head design is its ultimate restricting feature. The American version of this engine was fitted with 3 port heads but such items can be difficult to source in the UK. For those wishing to convert their 2.8s into 2.9s be warned, it is not easy and it is not cheap. Because of the different exhaust porting the camshaft phasing is different (they also rotate in opposite directions to each other). The 2.9 distributor, oil pump and drive shaft will

also be required. The differences in the chain and gear drives means that, if you fit the 2.9 crank in the 2.8 engine, the front nose will require modifying. And because of the longer stroke crank, the pistons will protrude approximately 1.5mm above the deck face. The piston crowns can be machined down but this will affect their ultimate strength, especially if the compression ratio is to be raised. With the 2.8, the con rods are the weak link. HD ARP con rod bolts are essential for over 6000 rpm. A con rod that has been stress relieved and shot peened can rev safely to 6500 rpm. An electronic rev limiter is a must have to prevent the consequences of over-revving. Carburetor engines can get good performance using either the 38DGAS or 40DFI5 and, for the more serious, conversions have been seen using a 4 barrel Holley carb. The inlet manifold on the MFi K-Jetronic injection engine is a serious restriction. The four 'risers' basically do not allow for sufficient airflow. Unfortunately there is not enough wall thickness to allow these to be opened out. so the only way to solve this is to build up the outsides with welding. With the risers sufficiently opened out, we have seen instant increases of approx. 21bhp.

For more tuning options, see here

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links