Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uhm... Can anyone weigh in? IS220

So, yesterday my car jumped into limp mode (Engine light, VCS and Traction Control light) and didnt want to budge. So I nursed it home and parked it off. This morning, I plugged it into a scanner and it threw up P0400, which was a EGR fault. I cleaned the EGR out and then wiped the codes and went for a drive. I drove for around 2 hours until the car went back into limp more. Got it back home, plugged it in and then this time I got a P2002, DPF. 

I removed the DPF, cut it open and emptied it and sent it for welding. At the same time, I manufactured a temporary EGR blank and applied it. I got the DPF back form the welder, refitted it and cleared the codes.

My problem lies here, reading about removal of the DPF contents and blanking the EGR should throw up codes and limp mode but it hasn't, Why hasnt't my car broken down again. 

I will say, my car has not had the DPF deleted from the ECU nor has the EGR (otherwise I wouldnt get P0400 and P2002)

Can anyone weigh in any ideas or comments because I am baffled? 

Does seem strange, I have no knowledge of the Lexus in this respect but if it were a BMW, the engine light would come on after 2/3 starts, not immediately.

Although the engine light would come on, the car would not go into Limp mode, it would drive fine, the only annoyance would be the engine light on the dash.

Feels a bit counter intuitive to go looking for trouble.... but I understand your confusion.

What about disconnecting the Battery and going from a scratch start on codes etc & see what gets thrown up?

You would have to do window reset etc..... but might give you a clear starting post to work out what's it's doing.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Guess your lucky one as when had my dpf cleaned did enquire about removal but was advised not too as it will throw codes back and will go into limp mode. This is a mystery wait might not happen straight away 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links