Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If everything is as stated by seller this would be a great buy by seller, 31k FSH for those who could afford it £8950, if I bought it I would be straight down to proffess ASP S Wales & get an LPG conversion, that in itself would halve the current purchase price in kind & over time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-06-LEXUS-LS-4-3-430-4D-AUTO-279-BHP-/272671261148?hash=item3f7c7941dc:g:RuMAAOSwPCVX3yu2

Wouldn't touch it with a very long bargepole, Cat D should be easily visible on the ad, not hidden away in the description.

It's about time eBay did the same as autotrader, by checking the cars history, and declaring it as a previously written off vehicle, at the top of the advertisement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Wouldn't touch it with a very long bargepole, Cat D should be easily visible on the ad, not hidden away in the description.

It's about time ebay did the same as autotrader, by checking the cars history, and declaring it as a previously written off vehicle, at the top of the advertisement.

Ahh, now Ive got it, it was written off.....ok thanks

I think due to the fact they are ventilated and softer than the ones in the 400 they tend to develop creases sooner and wear starts to show  - The cream leather ones show wear and dirt alot more than grey and black ones. Having said that regular maintenance will prolong the life and condition of the seats - mines are grey and after 135k miles show only a few creases and thats if you look closely - I regularly clean and feed mine with Gliptone leather products.

On the same note the interior plastics are of the best quality you can get - the steering, gearknob and interior door handles still look immaculate with a nice matt finish once cleaned.

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

I think due to the fact they are ventilated and softer than the ones in the 400 they tend to develop creases sooner and wear starts to show  - The cream leather ones show wear and dirt alot more than grey and black ones. Having said that regular maintenance will prolong the life and condition of the seats - mines are grey and after 135k miles show only a few creases and thats if you look closely - I regularly clean and feed mine with Gliptone leather products.

On the same note the interior plastics are of the best quality you can get - the steering, gearknob and interior door handles still look immaculate with a nice matt finish once cleaned.

I agree with all of that.  Look after the seats and they'll continue looking good for a long time.  And on a day like this the cold air up the unmentionables is a treat!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stericker said:

What is it with the LS430 seats ? The seats in my 1999 145K LS400 look newer and better condition than the ones in that 2006 LS430.

I agree, I've always thought they look baggy.

I think I vaguely remember somebody getting them sorted, by removing the covers and having them made a tighter fit, although there's something at the back of my mind saying it may have been an LS600.

• Like 1

So what about this LS430? (link below)

ALSO whats 'cat d' mean & where in that other add did say cat d? I never heard of it before this post & still cannot see it on that add

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-LEXUS-LS430-AUTO-BLACK/222525494912?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44293%26meid%3D508f80ffbcc441718dfcb5467b8e975c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D322440338124

Hi

Cat D mean it was a write off, damaged and then repaired.

The car you've put a link up off looks nice, but I wonder why it didn't sell the first time.

11 minutes ago, messi said:

But where in that add does it say that? (cat d)

27 minutes ago, messi said:

Hi

The car you've put a link up off looks nice, but I wonder why it didn't sell the first time.

Who knows, but the seller has a history of dealing in damaged vehicles, which may or may not be unconnected.

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Who knows, but the seller has a history of dealing in damaged vehicles, which may or may not be unconnected.

Ahh, now I see it says that (dealer), its at the RH side of his add, if I were looking to buy a car I would not notice that, the photos simply show it without the normal dealer trappings.

Just now, dendonc said:

The 4th line in the description 

Now i see that as well, I would not have known what it meant as I never heard of that (cat d)

8 hours ago, dendonc said:

Now i see that as well, I would not have known what it meant as I never heard of that (cat d)

The thing about Cat D is that often it's a fairly minor repair, by that I mean a panel or similar.   My previous estate was written off but I bought it back for peanuts, bought a used bumper, had it painted with some minor work on the tail gate and it was fine. I wouldn't ever be put off by it if I had evidence of the  damage.  Obviously if the damage was mechanical, i.e. steering/suspension or maybe chassis I'd avoid it, but a door or bumper wouldn't bother me too much. 

I don't think so, You might care to reflect that on our elderly Ls400s that even a simple scratch to the bumper needing a professional insurance covered repair job then the car would be classified as a write off probably .......  over say £500 :zorro:.  that's before your Excess too

One would then think not to bother telling the insurers and just getting on and doing the fix oneself. Problem could arise if a 3rd party is involved, they claim for their damage then you have to just tell your insurers ( and their's ) that you're just NOT claiming for anything.

Otherwise they will just write the car off.

Hence a Cat D can be totally insignificant damage OR INDEED a massive amount of damage but repaired cost effectively

I had thought that the owner of a Cat D write off might keep before and after photos to tell the story of why it's been repaired.BUT of course many of these write offs go to auction for a trader to buy for next to nothing and then do the repairs......  as in this instance maybe

Malc

• Like 1