Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knurl spline diameter

I need some extended wheel hub studs for my new alloys but struggling to find the right specs. Apparently there is a knurl / spline and I need to know the correct diameter! Help! 

Does anyone also know the standard length of the isf studs?

I believe the studs are M12x1.5 but the other things above are proving hard to find 😟

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I need some extended wheel hub studs for my new alloys but struggling to find the right specs. Apparently there is a knurl / spline and I need to know the correct diameter! Help! 

Does anyone also know the standard length of the isf studs?

I believe the studs are M12x1.5 but the other things above are proving hard to find 😟

@Rusty Crobar Have I missed something,  you got some new wheels?

🐀

50 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Can somebody please translate what Rusty is talking about? :yes:

I don't know what I'm talking about, that's the problem! I need some new bolts to stick the wheels on to but I don't know the right specs! 

Thanks for trying @Big Rat but I'm none the wiser 😂

• Like 1

Here you go @Flytvr:

Knurl / Spline Measurements

This is the part of the stud which fits into the wheel hub and ensures the wheel studs stays in place and does not rotate when wheel nuts are screwed onto the wheel stud. As this fit is key to installing wheel studs into you hub correctly, it is critical that you select the correct spline diameter.

If the Spline / Knurl size is too small the wheel stud will rotate in the hub, thus making it impossible to tighten any wheel nuts onto it, also if the Spline / Knurl diameter is too big you will not be able to press the wheel studs into the hub

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar Have I missed something,  you got some new wheels?

🐀

No, still got the same wheels but I've always known I could do with longer studs (I'll let you make the jokes about this :wink3:), due to the more aggressive offset.

• Like 2

Russell I would speak to Lexus about the overall stud length, diameter and the spline size, once you have this then all you need to find is someone that can supply studs that are longer but every other dimension stays the same, you could roughly work out the extra length needed by measuring from the face of a standard wheel to the end of the stud, without the wheel nut on of course and then from the face of your wheel to the end of the stud, whatever the difference is will be how much longer your new studs will need to be, if you get what I mean...........................

• Like 1

What about "bolts"??....if u have to extract the stud would it be easier to buy bolts at the stud length plus what extra u desire??....I'm about as good as u......I hear u say 😳

• Like 1

@Rusty Crobar It's usually a quick task to tap out one of the studs to measure it and order the longer ones. It's not the offset that's the problem, it's the thickness of the wheel centre or the thickness of any spacers in use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50mm-Long-Extended-Wheel-Studs-Fits-Lexus-IS-F-V8-5-0-m12X1-5-K-14-3-Year-2009-/182588018105?hash=item2a83180db9:g:QZ8AAOSw-3FZI~ml

• Like 1