Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF has been gone a few months now its replacement is here

33 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Official complaint.................I don't want to see this photo again........................ever.........................

Thought I swould just post it again!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Yes it's an impressive pile and he doesn't have problematic neighbours, but of course the journey up the drive is extremely tiring but being the kind sociable people they are provisions are supplied at the end of the journey 😋

IMG_2671.thumb.JPG.2c1566de093be085658ffea6f4cdc868.JPG

Big Rat

Sorry! Left out the photo!

37 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Official complaint.................I don't want to see this photo again........................ever.........................

@Mark G Agreed but he ate your slice...... 🤥

🐀

46 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Yes it's an impressive pile and he doesn't have problematic neighbours, but of course the journey up the drive is extremely tiring but being the kind sociable people they are provisions are supplied at the end of the journey 😋

IMG_2671.thumb.JPG.2c1566de093be085658ffea6f4cdc868.JPG

Big Rat

Ive just seen a planning application go in for halfway down the driveway....

Screenshot_20170527-103841.png.7ae982029dc35bbed77e77f3b4bf9d83.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emjay82 said:

Ive just seen a planning application go in for halfway down the driveway....

Screenshot_20170527-103841.png.7ae982029dc35bbed77e77f3b4bf9d83.png

Refused I can't see a Costa - Nero - Starbucks............

So No coffee planning not workee 😂

🐀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Refused I can't see a Costa - Nero - Starbucks............

So No coffee planning not workee 😂

🐀

I would've thought a seasoned coffee a cake connoisseur would've been able to spot the Starbucks symbol. Planning approved!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW He's a man of taste we'll mostly..... 😉

All this talk I must get myself close to one just to to see if my lusting is justified, or am I and others on here just simply waiting when we should just sort out our bloody exhausts 😡

Big Rat

I think u hit the nail on the head if u can excuse the pun!!.  You are right we just need to do it as u say. It's the only thing that I would improve & H&S is virtually on my door step.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm waiting for really!!. Probably should ensure I manage to get to one of the meets to say hi to u all and hear them 1st hand.  Pretty sure that will do it!!. Think I just need to choose the type of exhaust sound I would prefer.  :wink3: 

Only other thing are the RR  Racing USRS bushes to future proof my front tyre wear. Not an issue at this point as car has still only done 11.5k & I bought in 2014 with 5.6k on it.  I was still deciding about this re Lexus warranty, but I think this decision may have been decided for me as I'm about to get a set from a friend who never got round to installing them on his ISF as has sadly had to sell it through a change in circumstances.

I'm still on the original tyres at the mo with no signs of any inside wear or cracking/perishing so will probably wait until they have to be changed and get bushes fitted just before then new tyre & alignment etc. But would think the tyres will need changing in not to distant future.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DAW said:

I think u hit the nail on the head if u can excuse the pun!!.  You are right we just need to do it as u say. It's the only thing that I would improve & H&S is virtually on my door step.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm waiting for really!!. Probably should ensure I manage to get to one of the meets to say hi to u all and hear them 1st hand.  Pretty sure that will do it!!. Think I just need to choose the type of exhaust sound I would prefer.  :wink3: 

Only other thing are the RR  Racing USRS bushes to future proof my front tyre wear. Not an issue at this point as car has still only done 11.5k & I bought in 2014 with 5.6k on it.  I was still deciding about this re Lexus warranty, but I think this decision may have been decided for me as I'm about to get a set from a friend who never got round to installing them on his ISF as has sadly had to sell it through a change in circumstances.

I'm still on the original tyres at the mo with no signs of any inside wear or cracking/perishing so will probably wait until they have to be changed and get bushes fitted just before then new tyre & alignment etc. But would think the tyres will need changing in not to distant future.

@DAW Yes you are right regarding this pretty much all of us are ! " I used to be indecisive not I'm not sure "

Yes the H&S there was a short video on the tube of a UK ISF with one being demonstrated on a country road can't seem to find it I liked that, but the main thing I'm holding out for is a valved/switchable system.

As regards tyre wear not experienced it myself back or front I'm religious about pressures checked prior to every journey and kept at 42psi back and front.

The car is used as it was intended and the current set of OEM Bridgestones - which is my personal preference- have now done 17k miles with 4mm left across the full breadth of all four tyres.

I haven't tracked the car and have no intention of doing so, for me its development is perfectly suited for fast road use without any modifications to the suspension, horses for courses I suppose but as always each to their own and what makes the individual happy.

Big Rat 

• Like 1

Have seen the videos on here but I suspect not a substitute for hearing them in person. I agree with you - the valved exhaust would be the perfect solution.

I also have no intention of using the car on track & love it in its stock form. Just would like to hear more of the engine at lower revs. The bushes for me are a sensible solution to the inside tyre wear issue and if it's provides a little more feel that's a bonus.

I'm no expert, but I think front inside tyre wear is inevitable over time for all of us. The RR Racing video showing the suspension movement the OEM bushes allow demonstrates this and is well worth watching if you haven't seen it already. 

My old BMW e46 330 sport had a similar issue. Dealer kept 80 pairs of bushes  In stock as they soften and needed replacing every 3 to 5 years depending on mileage. I was shown the movement they allow on an MOT and I was shocked to see that you could move the entire wheel assembly with minimal leverage from a normal size screw driver.  So it wasn't a big leap to imagine how much they would move from the forces that are exerted under braking.  

My friend bought the USRS's because his car had this issue when he got the car.  Mind you I suppose the current cost of the bushes, given the exchange rate, might make it debatable when compared with the cost of a set of front tyres!! Not sure what the expected longevity of the USRS's are?

• Like 2

@DAW I'm curious as to why as and when the standard bushes display signs of giving up the ghost and or inside front tyre wear as a result of, why not just replace with new OEM bushes/arms never seem to see anyone mention that aspect.

My car is on 40k miles now on the originals with no wear no points for guessing which I'll be changing to,the USRS's do not seem 

to be particularly good value for money.

As regards the BMW E46 330 you had, my 335i had the same issues, just got the local dealer to fit the set from an M3 instead problem solved during ownership they were I seem to remember only about 15 quid more as well.

Big Rat

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW I'm curious as to why as and when the standard bushes display signs of giving up the ghost and or inside front tyre wear as a result of, why not just replace with new OEM bushes/arms never seem to see anyone mention that aspect.

My car is on 40k miles now on the originals with no wear no points for guessing which I'll be changing to,the USRS's do not seem 

As regards the BMW E46 330 you had, my 335i had the same issues, just got the local dealer to fit the set from an M3 instead problem solved during ownership they were I seem to remember only about 15 quid more as well.

Big Rat

The RR racing USRS's are supposed to add feel compared to OEM. I've seen the video and the RR'S are much more rigid. So the claim is...... added driver feel plus even front tyre wear. @Peter P18 is a massive fan of these. Any thoughts on how these might effect warranty 🐀? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

The RR racing USRS's are supposed to add feel compared to OEM. I've seen the video and the RR'S are much more rigid. So the claim is...... added driver feel plus even front tyre wear. @Peter P18 is a massive fan of these. Any thoughts on how these might effect warranty 🐀? 

@emjay82 The honest answer as regards warranty is I don't know, but what long long experience has taught me with warranties is why bother with them if you are prepared to risk them saying ' No' on a component failure that can be associated with non standard parts having been fitted.

As I've said before these are expensive vehicles to run and maintain, they are more reliable than most with on the whole good quality components used that seem to last, so if you are going to modify as @Peter P18 has with his its a project of ongoing improvement to the aesthetics and proven performance parts from companies, I guess usually in the states where the car was sold in much larger numbers than here and therefore have a proven track record.

He has the again I'm guessing the knowledge/ skills to carry out the changes to his car for his personal satisfaction some of which would if it was under warranty would invalidate it.

Not everyone is interested in a warranty personally I am as I haven't the time or equipment to mess with the car myself and as one or two on her have learnt recently you can get badly burned if something goes wrong, but as always you pays your money you take your choice.

To go back a bit to the part in question suspension components are always going to be a comprise between ride and handling and maybe this particular joint was not given the 'upgrade' it needed for the ISF having regard its intended use and the weight of the V8, don't suppose we will ever know

I have seen many of the videos mentioned and there does seem to be a large degree of distortion and or deflection under track use, I've never seen any with the vehicle driven in day to day use to make an informed judgement.

Big Rat

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 The honest answer as regards warranty is I don't know, but what long long experience has taught me with warranties is why bother with them if you are prepared to risk them saying ' No' on a component failure that can be associated with non standard parts having been fitted.

As I've said before these are expensive vehicles to run and maintain, they are more reliable than most with on the whole good quality components used that seem to last, so if you are going to modify as @Peter P18 has with his its a project of ongoing improvement to the aesthetics and proven performance parts from companies, I guess usually in the states where the car was sold in much larger numbers than here and therefore have a proven track record.

He has the again I'm guessing the knowledge/ skills to carry out the changes to his car for his personal satisfaction some of which would if it was under warranty would invalidate it.

Not everyone is interested in a warranty personally I am as I haven't the time or equipment to mess with the car myself and as one or two on her have learnt recently you can get badly burned if something goes wrong, but as always you pays your money you take your choice.

To go back a bit to the part in question suspension components are always going to be a comprise between ride and handling and maybe this particular joint was not given the 'upgrade' it needed for the ISF having regard its intended use and the weight of the V8, don't suppose we will ever know

I have seen many of the videos mentioned and there does seem to be a large degree of distortion and or deflection under track use, I've never seen any with the vehicle driven in day to day use to make an informed judgement.

Big Rat

I have the warranty to cover most of the main parts. If I chose to apply a couple of select mods, like my stereo upgrade, I would fully expect Lexus to tell me to sling my hook, if for example, the nav screen stopped working and I tried to claim. If Lexus would use any mod to invalidate the whole warranty, I wouldn't take the risk with any mods. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Like you I don't have enough info to judge.  My mates car had the issue at a similar mileage to yours but I would imagine that driving style & the condition of the roads the car is driven on must contribute to varying the point at which the issue occurs. 

What struck me in the RR Racing video was that they were showing the movement at varying speeds, the lower end of which I thought would not be that unusual driving on our twisting country roads.

You have a good point re the relative cost of the OEM bushes. I assumed they would not be cheap so had not considered doing the comparison on the grounds that the difference would be marginal and would not ultimately solve the issue. But given the low mileages I do in the F it's probably not that big an issue to me and there would also be the plus of no warranty problems.

Wished my BMW dealer had suggested changing to the M3 bushes at the time. I went aftermarket on recommendation and it ruined the steering for me making it really twitchy & tiring to drive.  It was this  issue that made me wary of the USRS's and I discussed this with Peter, but he said it was one of the best mods he had done to his car.

I also used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure. Lol :wink3:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DAW said:

Like you I don't have enough info to judge.  My mates car had the issue at a similar mileage to yours but I would imagine that driving style & the condition of the roads the car is driven on must contribute to varying the point at which the issue occurs. 

What struck me in the RR Racing video was that they were showing the movement at varying speeds, the lower end of which I thought would not be that unusual driving on our twisting country roads.

You have a good point re the relative cost of the OEM bushes. I assumed they would not be cheap so had not considered doing the comparison on the grounds that the difference would be marginal and would not ultimately solve the issue. But given the low mileages I do in the F it's probably not that big an issue to me and there would also be the plus of no warranty problems.

Wished my BMW dealer had suggested changing to the M3 bushes at the time. I went aftermarket on recommendation and it ruined the steering for me making it really twitchy & tiring to drive.  It was this  issue that made me wary of the USRS's and I discussed this with Peter, but he said it was one of the best mods he had done to his car.

@DAW We are singing from the same song sheet on this one, there are no easy answers there never are when it comes to suspension modifications.

All I know is that from a personal perspective I'm happy with mine... dare I say it for now 🙄

Big Rat

• Like 2

On 2017-5-28 at 11:43 AM, DAW said:

I went from standard to USRS's.  I can confirm it does not make the car twitchy, improves feel makes the steering more accurate.

However you loose some of the road isolation that the standard bushes provide, so you feel more of the road through the wheel.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ray-ISF said:

I went from standard to USRS's.  I can confirm it does not make the car twitchy, improves feel makes the steering more accurate.

However you loose some of the road isolation that the standard bushes provide, so you feel more of the road through the wheel.

Thanks for sharing your experience of the USRS's. Encouraging to hear and confirms what others have said. Really appreciate it.

• Like 2

David, happy to meet you at some point chap? You can have a run out in mine to experience the exhaust, USRS first hand?

Video's don't do it justice, but given I drive to Essex and back every other weekend, surely we can arrange a meet point somewhere to say hi/grab a coffee or something?!

Let me know if you want to set something up chap.

Thinking a Bluewater meet now it's Summer would be nice as well? Been a bit hit and miss in the past with attendance, but we should try and get these things going on a more regular basis really! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hi Peter

5 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

David, happy to meet you at some point chap? You can have a run out in mine to experience the exhaust, USRS first hand?

Video's don't do it justice, but given I drive to Essex and back every other weekend, surely we can arrange a meet point somewhere to say hi/grab a coffee or something?!

Let me know if you want to set something up chap.

Thinking a Bluewater meet now it's Summer would be nice as well? Been a bit hit and miss in the past with attendance, but we should try and get these things going on a more regular basis really! :thumbsup:

Hi Peter, thanks for the very kind offer & it would be great to meet up as you say.  I can PM you so we can arrange a convenient time / place to meet. Alternatively happy to combine it with a Bluewater meet or just meet at Bluewater or in Essex, whichever is more convenient for you.

• Like 1

Hi David.

Any of those options works for me mate. :thumbsup:

I'll chuck something up in the meets section to see if anyone else fancies a Bluewater meet.

If not, let's do something ourselves mate. 

Cheers for now.

Pete :smile:

Hi Peter,

Sounds great & many thank again for the very kind offer.  Look forward to meeting up soon.

All the best.

David👍🏻

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Getting back on topic, cracking choice. I've always had fun driving my brothers XFR. He's got a set of Mina backboxes on it and it sounds filthy! 

I'm still mucking about with 4 pots after the ISF went, the latest one is a little different - 

13113627-890F-43C2-95A6-384A7BDFCF11_zps

I do miss my ISF though, brilliant cars.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Getting back on topic, cracking choice. I've always had fun driving my brothers XFR. He's got a set of Mina backboxes on it and it sounds filthy! 

I'm still mucking about with 4 pots after the ISF went, the latest one is a little different - 

13113627-890F-43C2-95A6-384A7BDFCF11_zps

I do miss my ISF though, brilliant cars.

Beautiful car Gib, I guess you're not using it as a daily? I remember reading on PH you were interested in one when the non-existent Unity Oxford offer was withdrawn due to an error. Interested in your initial impressions?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links