Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The front suspension  is making a noise when I go over any bumps, this only happens when the weather is hot like yesterday and it has been standing outside for a while. I have heard that by using a spray on grease will stop this, what type is the best to use and what joints do I spray.

I was very concerned recently about my front suspension and parts because of a Thread with a broken ball joint, and the experience of a squeek when going very slowly over speed humps to the local tip.  As had a French trip planned I paid £56 to the local MOT Garage to check our the ball joint, UCA's and suspension etc.  They said everything was in order and could be a loose heat shield over a Catalytic converter.

Trip wnet fine, and I have a feeling that it was actually just my rubber shoe soles squeeking on the accelerator pedal each time I went over the humps. Give it some thought. Quiet engine and no Radio on??

It'll be the anti roll bar bushes that are drying out.

Easy to sort, 2 bolts each side to remove the bracket, take the bush off, lube it up with a lithium based grease... clean the anti roll bar, refit bush, refit bracket. enjoy the silence.

Mine is the opposite way around as the front suspension only squeaks going over road humps when the temperature is low and the car cold, been like it since I got it 11 years ago and since then new LBJs and UCAs have been fitted so not those as the cause.

I had the very same with my MK4.  I found driving through places like London in hot weather it was very noticeable, I put it down to the excessive heat generated from underneath.  As soon as I got on the open road it stopped.  To be honest I never did anything about it as it only happened in very hot weather, and being England.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links