Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ball point pen on my leather. aaaarrrgh

I have somehow managed to get ball point pen on my lovely leather seats, i have used Autoglym leather cleaner which removed the worst but i am still left with a stain. Does anybody have any tips how i might remove this :helpsmilie:

004.JPG

Wow, thats a quick response and looks worth a try. I'll see if i can source some online straight away.

I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks again :yahoo:

3 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Spray or stick ...

spray, but obviously don't use it directly.

Spray onto an MF, try in an inconspicuous area first and then apply - worked on wallpaper when the little one decided to draw a 1cm x 1cm house on it so may work on leather

Just now, rayaans said:

spray, but obviously don't use it directly.

Spray onto an MF, try in an inconspicuous area first and then apply - worked on wallpaper when the little one decided to draw a 1cm x 1cm house on it so may work on leather

It may but I wouldn't trust the propellant/solvent not to remove the leather coating

I daresay that special-purpose proprietary products such as Gliptone are ideal but, in an emergency, as would usually be the case, an

alternative would be diluted lemon juice applied in gradually increasing concentrations as deemed necessary until the administration of

a final wipe with alcohol.  And if alcohol is not available, vodka would be suitable.  I picked up this nugget of wisdom, which I hope

never to have to test, from an article on the care and maintenance of leather handbags I was forced to peruse in the absence of other

reading matter in a French doctor's waiting-room, and I remember wondering, as I still do, why logic did not lead the author to recommend

lemon-flavoured vodka as a more efficient two-in-one alternative from the outset.

• Like 1

I am told that old fashioned butter will work

just apply butter on the stain and gently rub it away

did not try myself so no guarantee..

( and make sure to remove all butter before using the seat again..)

8 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I am told that old fashioned butter will work...

It might, but despite best efforts to remove it, I wouldn't fancy sitting on a greasy patch of leather and maybe getting a slightly rancid                                                     odour in my nostrils...

Daft as it sounds a rubber will shift it. A rubber on the end of a pencil should do the trick but ink rubbers are also available. 

On 30/05/2017 at 7:41 PM, NemesisUK said:

Well this worked a treat, had to do it numerous times as per instructions as it had been there a few days but all gone now. 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...