Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of buying a RX450h

leersv

Hello,

I am seriously considering buying a 2013/14  Rx450h and hope to pick one up before the end of the summer but before I do is there anything that I need to look out for or consider?

Never having had a hybrid before my main concerns are avoiding damaged batteries and anything that I absolutely must or must not do.

Also can anyone give me an indication of the running and servicing costs, please My other car is an RX7 and that is horrendous, but i'd like to have an idea of what i am signing up to before i have any surprises.

At a cyclist does anybody carry bikes and if so, how? I presume a tow bar mounted carrier would trigger the rear sensors but can you fit roof rails to one with a sunroof?

Finally at what mileage does they have their midlife crisis and require a significantly more thorough service?

Apologies if any of this has been covered before, I couldn't seem to find it.

Many thanks

Lee

Hi Lee, Welcome to the forum.

There was a similar thread on this recently, let me see if I can find it...here you go 

That should get you started. Have a brew and browse the forums for a while, you'll uncover lots of useful tidbits.

The Hybrid system appears to be pretty reliable, although issues can occur (as with anything).  The Battery packs can be repaired though at a fraction of the cost of a dealer wanting to swap out the entire unit.   

Happy hunting.

Welcome to the forum Lee.

I bought mine just 3 months ago at beginning of March and I'm delighted with it.  My daily commute is 5 miles each way with 50, 40 and 30mph speed limits along the way.  I do a fortnightly run to the supermarket which is 20 miles away (mostly motorway) and I'm averaging 31mpg (calculated on full to full tank).  The major service is at 60,000 miles where the spark plugs are changed.  Can't help with your bicycle query....sorry.

Keep us informed of your progress please.

Hi, No problems to be aware of - just general wear and tear exterior and interior - nothing stands out mechanically

Avoid Battery damage by not towing too much, don't jump start and don't let the car get towed itself - all 4 wheels need to be on a trailer. 

Running costs - £140 VED, 30mpg combined roughly and either £295 or £495 service cost (or more at 60k/6 years and 100k/10 years) depending on mileage. Tyres need changing roughly every 25-28k miles, about £200 fitted at Lexus if you choose that route.

Roof rack can only be fitted to the standard sunroof models, not the ones with the panoramic sunroof as they have no roof rail bars. However, you can fit thule roof bars just above the doors on the pano roof models. Thule do some that are not attached to roof rails but the door themselves.

Also, you can fit them to the rear and you can just turn the parking sensors off. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links