Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Set up of the screen of Premium Nav System

Hi,

Apologize in advance for my bad English, I want to share some this situation, hope to have some suggestion.

I have experienced strange behavior of the multimedia system on my two weeks old IS300H MY2017 Premium.

In few words, with the previous IS300H I had (MY2013) after the welcome message, the navigator screen appeared without any data entry window, ie: it was ONLY the map, the user who needed to enter a destination went to MENU and started the process.

Also, with the previous IS when using the reverse gear, the screen of course changed with the camera view, and when it returned to Drive gear, the screen come back to the previous setting screen (Maps, Radio, etc.) now in whatever way the display is set (such as Radio or the air conditioning screen or any other option available) when I come back to drive gear the screen go back always on the maps, with the annoying menu open on the screen.

So I have to go out form map screen, go back to the general menu, select again the radio or any other screen I have set.
I hope the movie uploaded can help better than my poor English.

Could someone tell if is possible to change this setting?

I've clearly downloaded the detailed multimedia manual from the Internet (the one in the car is poor and almost does not talk about multimedia, just a few generic pages) but they do not mention this thing, I suspect there is another bug in the software of my multimedia system, as the same of the connected services (from Lexus still is not responding me) :sad:... anybody can help me to understand if this is normal for the new software or are willing to try in his car?

Thank you in advance!

Accensione_IS300H.mov

Retromarcia_IS300H.mov

do you have the home screen set to the nav display

you can have a 3 way split screen ,2 way split screen 

and possibly a single screen for the home screen

just check your settings.

8 minutes ago, 200h said:

do you have the home screen set to the nav display

you can have a 3 way split screen ,2 way split screen 

and possibly a single screen for the home screen

just check your settings.

Hi 200H, and thanks.

It makes sense, in fact in the previous IS I remember this set up and settled on three portions.

To be honest after a deep search in the manual, that involved the new 10.3" screen, there's not any mention about this "home screen" but it worth another look for sure.

What happen is that in any way you set up, it always start from the Nav and that mysterious window with the prompt to set a destination :dry: that force to push the "return" button to come back to the settled screen.

I think it is what Mark suggested. 

What you may have to do is go to menu and hit a little rectangle in the corner and that should show you how to change the home screen to 2 or 3 different tiles and that should stop it from coming.

59 minutes ago, Overland said:

Yes, you right on the old Nav system, but the new one has not the corner box.

I am making some more trials into the various menus... 

Hmm wait, I just realised this is the 2017 nav

In which case I dont think it can be undone - I believe its the same on the 4th gen RX which uses a similiar system

First of all thanks for the response.

I have make some more trials and double check all the steps after seeing the set up of the auto-screen in the preferences.

1. the screen was settled correctly so I had off the auto-screen
  2. during the process I found the system very slow: so I have try to reset all the preferences, restart the system and set up everything again like it was the first time: it take some time but it worth because I solved partially my doubt, now the screen stay settled on the previous set up (Clima, Radio and so on) when you do any operation, I don't know why, but look like it was a simple bug, and the reset solve.

It is not solved the "problem" of the map that always start with the destination window ready: I have to think this is the new software that is programmed to do this, I have to say that is not so nice… … if anybody can tell me if his Nav system has the same behavior when the map is settled has home screen at the start, please let me know (I mean on the IS300H MY2017)

The reset and restarting of the system, by the way, does not affect the constant impossibility to connect and use the "connected services" and while password and username are correct and the Iphone is correctly settled and connected… the login is still impossible: the message is always the same, even on wifi connection : login failed

Lexus, unfortunately, around after three week, has not take any action or provide any information about it.

Thanks for your help guys.

Overland, I've got the same setup on my car  and the menu being displayed when the map screen is on is a 'design feature' I think, as Lexus assume you will want to set a destination rather than just look at the map!

I guess there are as many people who would say "why doesn't the menu just come up automatically to save me having to press the menu soft key....." if they hid it.

Anyway it doesn't bother me too much as a quick press of the backup key on the console clears it.

Ive not found the system slow at all, far from it the performance is very good and apart from a few crashes and hangs especially on iPod functionality using my Iphone, it's been fine. Both occasions I put this down to the Iphone bit failing as unplug/replug fixed it.

For those with the old Premium system, the home screen feature is no more and the default is full screen map with the side bar available to view other features. Or you can have other functions full screen with the sidebar as well. Gone is the triple setup on the old car, but it is possible to setup the Nav to show 3 different views of the map splitting the screen into thirds! Functionality and viewing of info is generally better I think, I prefer it.

• Like 1

Steve44, thanks a lot for having confirmed that's a Lexus decision to set a default screen for the Nav.

I can only confirm what you say that the new premium system is better than the previous, I love the new glossy screen that give a more high definition graphic.

The car is great, the only thing I miss is the impossibility to use connected service due this repetitive "failed to login" that is really annoying, nobody in Lexus or the at dealer take care of that.

For sure they have to fix, it's not acceptable this feature is include and I cannot use.

Are you Ok with connected services and Iphone or wifi?

Yes Steve44, have tried everything possible.

I create a new account, paired my Iphone 6 (that was working flawless with the other IS300H) the phone connect via the hotspot (blue bar) work well for messages, music, anything... but when I try to connect to the services the message is always the same: "failed to login".

Of course I tried with my office Wlan and the car connecting well via wifi: but when I try to go into connected service there's always the same login failure.

I have sent them various email and just received a short phone call from a guy that ask me to send him a detailed photo-document of the process and a video eventually... I spent half a day to collect all the info show them all the screenshot... but after sending they never replied... same for the dealer that is around two hour far... I ask them to go there and try with their username and their phone on my car... no answer.

I am little be tired to wait to be honest... but everyone knows that Italian Lexus customer care and most of the dealers are the worst in the world.

in the 2000's when I start to drive Lexus they was great, now they are really poor.

By the way: may I ask you if you login with the email address or with the ID they give to you?

Cris,

Change your E-mail & password then ensure you tick the Saved box on the Connected Services Page.

Tel

Terry, just done... but nothing change...:wallbash:

Anyway.... just two pictures that speak more than words, anybody can answer bot the questions in red? I think it's crucial for me to know which is the correct data to use for the login, as Lexus does not reply to me, I will have to try both any time, is a big time spending, if I know which you use to login with success I focus on that.

forumL02.thumb.png.45bf7c35edef5a49145296924c0f61c3.pngforumL01.thumb.png.3ade80bbf297377b8cd6d6c82111753e.png

Thank in advance

You need to put the ID code from the car Sat Nav unit into the multimedia box on the website to connect the portal to the car for sending travel maps and locations etc.

i think I used the login ID not the email address.

the portal is the same other than the language.

Thank You Steve, 

you help me a lot.

I do exaclty the same:

1. put the ID code on the website when I've registered my car
2. using the ID so called "My Lexus" below (and the same password I use to login on the website)

I have also try with email address too, but the result was always the same: failed to login.

To complete the mess I have to say that the WIFI only connect to a specific router, if I change the router (and of course I use another password for the new router) the car won't connect.

I start to think that my unit is defected.

Cris,

Try Re-registering your Device on line & use your Phones Hotspot to connect to the car's Memory System.

Is there not another Dealer you can get involved with your case?

Tel

Hi Terry,

and again thanks, to answer your suggestion I said that this was exactly I've done initially.

Then, afther the first email I sent to Lexus a guy call me and tell me to cancel all my accounts (I had a previous one with the old portal) and start again.

So he cancel my old portal account, and I cancel the first one on the new portal I've create the same day I've delivered the car.

Signed in via my Mac, add my VIN number and the car was recognized, then I have add the MMS and it was registered.

But any of the attempt from my Iphone or Wifi always sort out with: login failed.

Of course, as said: hotspot active, connections done, username and password no doubt they are correct.

Eventually, I remember during the process a window that invite to register the MMS in two way:

1. Straight from the portal

2. With a first connection from the car: I understand that they means that after the login, your MMS is recognized and added to the portal (but this is my opinion)

this window appera during the first process, so not it is not possibile to see it.

So, this drive me to think that my error can come because I have added the MMS via the portal instead of via the first mobile connection: I know is a poor idea, but after tenth of daily trials... I don't where to :wallbash:

Concerning the others dealer, to be honest: I am in Italy, Lexus is not so famous for dealers knoweldge and the customer care is so poor, I have another one more close, but it was really unfair and rude when I try to meet them after my old dealer (a great woman) close after 15 years, for problems with the new Italian Lexus management, for this reason I has choosen one so far around two hours from my location.

I remember the early 2000's when the dealers was like pioneers and work hardo to create a partnership with the customers... but then Lexus Italy fired most of them to unite Toyota showroom with Lexus and this was a mess.

Most of the new generation simply don't know very well the cars, others does not have these good manners as the old generation of dealers learn in Japanese trip with Tokyo management , they are very unskilled  and the method is:

"Dear Sir, we understand your problem and let you know ASAP"

While ASAP means NEVER.

It's sad.

Just now, Overland said:

Hi Terry,

and again thanks, to answer your suggestion I said that this was exactly I've done initially.

Then, afther the first email I sent to Lexus a guy call me and tell me to cancel all my accounts (I had a previous one with the old portal) and start again.

So he cancel my old portal account, and I cancel the first one on the new portal I've create the same day I've delivered the car.

Signed in via my Mac, add my VIN number and the car was recognized, then I have add the MMS and it was registered.

But any of the attempt from my iPhone or Wifi always sort out with: login failed.

Of course, as said: hotspot active, connections done, username and password no doubt they are correct.

Eventually, I remember during the process a window that invite to register the MMS in two way:

1. Straight from the portal

2. With a first connection from the car: I understand that they means that after the login, your MMS is recognized and added to the portal, but if you do by portal there will be some error (but this is my opinion)

this window appear during the first process, so not it is not possibile to see it.

So, this drive me to think that my error can come because I have added the MMS via the portal instead of via the first mobile connection: I know is a poor idea, but after tenth of daily trials... I don't where to :wallbash:

Concerning the others dealer, to be honest: I am in Italy, Lexus is not so famous for dealers knoweldge and the customer care is so poor, I have another one more close, but it was really unfair and rude when I try to meet them after my old dealer (a great woman) close after 15 years, for problems with the new Italian Lexus management, for this reason I has choosen one so far around two hours from my location.

I remember the early 2000's when the dealers was like pioneers and work hardo to create a partnership with the customers... but then Lexus Italy fired most of them to unite Toyota showroom with Lexus and this was a mess.

Most of the new generation simply don't know very well the cars, others does not have these good manners as the old generation of dealers learn in Japanese trip with Tokyo management , they are very unskilled  and the method is:

"Dear Sir, we understand your problem and let you know ASAP"

While ASAP means NEVER.

It's sad.