Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Selling my IS-F.

32 minutes ago, Tom24 said:

Just had a viewing this morning but don't think an ISF is for him. He didn't like the sound they make and said they weren't exciting enough. 

Ffs :( 

What a time waster!

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

She is obviously a good woman :)

To be fair I did show her the photos possibly without mentioning the engine size...

just a lovely IS...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

To be fair I did show her the photos possibly without mentioning the engine size...

just a lovely IS...

:yes:

That doesn't matter. Why bother her with such small insignificant technical details?

Besides, all that comes out of the exhaust of the IS-F are clean planet loving particles.  I parked the IS-F the other day, and when I returned I found that flowers had started to grow next to the car, with wildlife flourishing all around it. Amazing cars :wink3:

• Like 3

,Looks like the car is sold. Have a deal agreed with a Greek chap from Coventry.

Taking his 2006 535d M Sport in part ex plus £11,500 my way.

Not sure whether to keep it as have a mate who might be interested in taking it off my hands.....anyone know much about these cars and what to check for? 

• Like 2

Glad you got the sale Tom. Shame to see it go! 535 are nice cars. Things I've heard on them are the vacuum hoses drying and splitting due the heat of the engine and turbos. Worth checking the paperwork to see if it has had the swirl flap delete done. If you're going to keep it I'd get that one job done for peace of mind.

good luck with the bike hunting, make sure you get an optimate charger if you get an aprilia!!

matt

27 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

Glad you got the sale Tom. Shame to see it go! 535 are nice cars. Things I've heard on them are the vacuum hoses drying and splitting due the heat of the engine and turbos. Worth checking the paperwork to see if it has had the swirl flap delete done. If you're going to keep it I'd get that one job done for peace of mind.

good luck with the bike hunting, make sure you get an optimate charger if you get an aprilia!!

matt

Agree with all that from Matt above, had a saloon one of these in carbon black from new, I quite liked it, if yours is running on 18"s they will be run flats unless someone has replaced with conventional tyres, they ride like an isF on RF's if they are 19"s as mine was if memory serves we correct they didn't have RF's from the factory but the wheels are prone to cracking, I had 3.

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Tom24 said:

Deal all done and he is on his way back home in the Lexus. Sad to see it go but I can get on with bike shopping now. 

Good result Tom, enjoy the bike shopping! Out of interest, would you consider buying another ISF, RCF, GSF in the future? 

Damn. I wish you decided to sell in a month or two...chances are I would of been on the blower right away!

Seeing your car though has made me think I can add an ISF to my 'maybe list'. I always thought an ISF with low miles, warranty, that has obviously been well looked after etc would be pushing 20k and up...glad to see they might be in my price range!

If anyone else has a comparable car and is thinking of selling in a couple of months, let me know :)

On 2017-6-17 at 0:00 PM, emjay82 said:

Good result Tom, enjoy the bike shopping! Out of interest, would you consider buying another ISF, RCF, GSF in the future? 

I'd definitely have another.....I didn't want to sell this one but the urge for a bike outweighed the urge to keep it. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

Damn. I wish you decided to sell in a month or two...chances are I would of been on the blower right away!

Seeing your car though has made me think I can add an ISF to my 'maybe list'. I always thought an ISF with low miles, warranty, that has obviously been well looked after etc would be pushing 20k and up...glad to see they might be in my price range!

If anyone else has a comparable car and is thinking of selling in a couple of months, let me know :)

Been plenty for sale recently for 15-20k so I'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice when you are looking to buy. 

Very nice, is that the rsvr, ohlins and oz wheels?  Very nice bike.

allways lusted after a two stroke as well.  I look a bit gangly on one though!

both for the road or are you going to track one?

enjoy them both :biggrin:

matt

Both for the road, although the 250 Will get limited use...maybe a few hundred miles a year. They are great bikes, 3rd one I've owned. 

It's the RSV-R not the Factory so doesn't have the OZ wheels but does have adjustable Ohlins forks.  Sounds great with those cans on!