Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As the above title says--I went to the local Morrisons to get the Lexi-400 washed, everything seemed o.k. until I drove out. They are taking their time getting back to me, Photographs were taken a claim form was filled in by the manager, all my details were taken so-on +so-on, when you see the pics ---  don't do what I done NO more car washes the small piece was found on the floor in the car wash

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

Oh dear.

In my youth, I used to work at a car wash and found all manner of bits from cars.

Since then, I have only washed our cars by hand.

Were the lights that got ripped out, loose?

• Like 1

Hello Lee: No the lights were solid no idea how the machine done the damage----the big problem is the indicators were bought from the u.s.a  also the slot they fit into has also been damaged.

Which Morrisons Norm...Chester ?

It is unlikely that they would have been dislodged had they been secure but hang on for the damage to be repaired by them at their cost, notwithstanding any signs rejecting liability.

You might ask on Facebook to find out if anyone else has suffered damage locally.

Regards

John

Cheers John: they were secure as I said before they came from the U.S.A. I have just researched, I bought them---6th Jan 2012,now I am trying to see if I can get a new one,----I have been onto the Police about what happened, they told me that the car isn't road legal, if I drive the car and I am pulled up by a police car I could be looking at 6points on my License----no thanks

I had a side mirror buggered up in my vauxhall astra several years ago with a drive through car wash.  Never again.

I get the local Latvian lads down the road to wash it these days for £2.99 and they do a cracking job.

• Like 1

Thank all of you for your contributions, Phil, the Poppy was safe, Lee ,Morrison's haven't got back to me since Thursday,Steve,yes I do have the original indicators, I might get them out of their boxes and put them on. Cheers Guys.--   Norman.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gkkes said:

Sorry for your hassle, but good for me. I now know how the headlamp filters go for my next trip to France ;-)

Look again, very different headlight units to our MKIV.

Just now, gkkes said:

Oh no! Still hit and miss again then......

I've just been to Spain in my camper, and I'm not totally convinced that the suggested position was correct, but at least I was legal, as far as plod was concerned.

Next time, I think I'll do some trial and error at night, up against the garage door, before the final fix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2017 at 1:18 PM, gkkes said:

Sorry for your hassle, but good for me. I now know how the headlamp filters go for my next trip to France ;-)

I've always assumed its the Wedge of Cheese.  I can use silver Duct tape cut to fit ad don't waste money on those Ferry things which don't fit the shape. First stick to Post Office waxy 1st Class stamp sheet and then cut. Perhaps later cars don't have glass  so maybe not apporpriate? 

Duct tape just peels off after use and any sticky a good old Wilkinson Razor blade easily removes.

Re Indicators have you tried eBay,usa? Wher I bought my clears. s/hand

Hello Stuart:  yes I have been onto eBay U.S.A.No results,I then phoned the firm I got them from in 2012 their reply is they no longer have them in stock, Some of the items on eBay are not the same as mine.  so it looks like I have had it.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:50 AM, dendonc said:
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, peachy said:

Denis: Lexus don't have this type of lights  as they were made in theU.S.A.

I doubt that really is the final answer from Morrisons ..............  have you some sort of household insurance or other policy that might cover you for potential litigious issues that you might want to pursue where harm has been done against you / your assets ?

And just how prominent is that warning sign at the carwash ?

Malc

Norman, these indicators are a two part piece with only one screw.

Is it just that the bulb holder that has gone awol? 

You can surely solder on the bulb holder from your old indiator to fix the problem?  I can't see any damage to the actual housing but ???

Looked again at your photo's - not sure what second set of wires is to, on reflection.  My units only have one bulb in them but two holders