Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H OBDII Reader

Can anyone recommend an OBDII reader for a 2009 RX4560H. The engine management light keeps lighting up occasionally and would like to know the reason.

Thanks. I've ordered one and then today the light goes out.

Hopefully will still get a code for it showing in the first place.

Most readers will read engine codes, but few will read codes for the hybrid system, and others such as key fob, and TPMS that can be reached via the OBD port.

Reader based on the Toyota Techstream system are the one's to look for.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this same issue and it turned out to be an oxygen sensor which is part of a recall. I never got any paperwork to say I had to arrange recall but knew of it, but called Lexus and it was booked in and done FOC on the recall. I dont have a warranty on the vehicle as its 2010 model. Simply plugged the reader in and it flagged the code and said oxygen sensor bank 2 if i remember correctly £30 well spent. As I'd have been paying to get repaired myself without the knowledge of the fault.

There is an Android App I've come across called Hybrid Assistant which will give you info on the HSD/LHD system, though you need to buy a good OBD dongle as not all work with it. The one they recommend is pricey at £98 but they have tested other that are cheaper. Check it out here.

• Like 1