Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct tip of the day

floggit

In cruise control you get the green speedo light on dash and no lcd display. However if you press display on steering wheel you can bring back the lcd while in cc and cycle through the different screens.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Another tip of the day, I asked the dealer how you mute the radio, he says you cannot, just turn it down,found that if you press the CD pause/play button the mutes what eve you are listening to inc radio.dab

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Whites said:

Another tip of the day, I asked the dealer how you mute the radio, he says you cannot, just turn it down,found that if you press the CD pause/play button the mutes what eve you are listening to inc radio.dab

I believe you can also mute the radio by holding the MODE button on the steering wheel

Its funny how the dealers don't know these things - its in the manual as well and if I was Lexus, Id be insisting that they read the manual front to back for every model that comes out

• Like 5

quite right rayaans, as the sales team should be able to answer any question thrown at them

rather than just saying no as they dont have a clue, and dont want to look stupid.

6 hours ago, stormchaser said:

I'm yet to use CC on the CT.Do you set it whilst moving or stationary?

(I know I should read the manual too haha).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While moving as it sets to the speed your doing as you move between different limits you can adjust speed by levering up/down. I use it as much as poss when traffic and decent runs allow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 200h said:

quite right rayaans, as the sales team should be able to answer any question thrown at them

rather than just saying no as they dont have a clue, and dont want to look stupid.

Im not so bothered about when they say they don't know but they should at least offer to find out and let the customer know.

Back in the days, the salesmen were extremely good at their job and knew their products inside out - it seems nowadays, salesmen just go to the brand that's giving them the most pennies and hence seem to change jobs every 6 months

• Like 1

Top tip:  To access the Nav map, press Menu button twice.

BTW, I used to work for BMW (25 years ago) and we all had to go on Product Knowledge courses to HO in Bracknell when new vehicles came out.  The 'salesman' of today relies too heavily on that 'google it' approach.

3 hours ago, Scoops1964 said:

Top tip:  To access the Nav map, press Menu button twice.

BTW, I used to work for BMW (25 years ago) and we all had to go on Product Knowledge courses to HO in Bracknell when new vehicles came out.  The 'salesman' of today relies too heavily on that 'google it' approach.

They do still go on these courses - but the courses themselves are rubbish. They don't learn the features of the car inside out - instead just drive it for a bit, sit in it for a bit, work out some basic stuff and thats it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links