Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

A few days ago I hit a pothole and broke the spring coil (gggrrrrrrr).

Today noticed that the central locking doesn't work from the key(does from remote but only 3 doors -without driver's), light on the ceiling console doesn't work when set to door position and the steering , mostly nit working, headrest adjustment not working either. Power window -only drivers side works

Went roughly through the fuses, seem to look ok.

Car took massive shook.

Any ideas?

That sounds like:

89221 - COMPUTER, MULTIPLEX NETWORK BODY

Repair Manual from a 1997 LEXUS LS400 (RM514U) / DI–594
DIAGNOSTICS – MULTIPLEX COMMUNICATION SYSTEM

Matrix Chart of Problem Symptoms:
Key Reminder System
Headlight and Taillight System
Illuminated Entry System
Seat Belt Warning
Power Window Control System
Power Tilt and Power Telescopic
Steering Column
Power Seat Control System
Power Mirror Control System
Power Door Lock Control System
Headlight Auto Turn–off System
Wiper and Washer System
Power Shoulder Belt
Anchorage System

http://www.japan-parts.eu/lexus/gr/1996/ls400/ucf20r-aepgkw/5_431220_005_/electrical/8401_switch-relay-computer/3#89221

The culprit might just be some corrosion on the connector plug!?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

how old is you battery? - that would be the first point of call - check it's holding full charge and ensure the battery connections are clean and tight

Hi, 

Battery is in perfect order.

31 minutes ago, plexus914 said:

That sounds like:

89221 - COMPUTER, MULTIPLEX NETWORK BODY

Repair Manual from a 1997 LEXUS LS400 (RM514U) / DI–594
DIAGNOSTICS – MULTIPLEX COMMUNICATION SYSTEM

Matrix Chart of Problem Symptoms:
Key Reminder System
Headlight and Taillight System
Illuminated Entry System
Seat Belt Warning
Power Window Control System
Power Tilt and Power Telescopic
Steering Column
Power Seat Control System
Power Mirror Control System
Power Door Lock Control System
Headlight Auto Turn–off System
Wiper and Washer System
Power Shoulder Belt
Anchorage System

http://www.japan-parts.eu/lexus/gr/1996/ls400/ucf20r-aepgkw/5_431220_005_/electrical/8401_switch-relay-computer/3#89221

The culprit might just be some corrosion on the connector!?

I'm giving the car to my mechanic in a few day time.

Will try connectors tomorrow and update on findings.

Thank you for pointing me out.

good luck with sorting it .....  those darned potholes have a lot to answer for, sounds like you just nudged a bad earth connector or something quite insignificantly significant maybe

Malc

• Like 2

Overly aggressive traffic calming measures (sleeping policemen) are the problem around here.  I take every bump gently, but some of them are so severe they rattle my teeth !  Got to affect my vehicle suspension in the long term.

Hope you get it sorted Pawel.

• Like 1

We have luxury speed bumps around here, they come complete with integrated pot holes!!!!!!

The complete lack of road maintainance nationwide is disgraceful, bad enough that we all pay for this non existent service and never receive it but then added insult with damage to vehicle suspension which again becomes the driver's responsibility!

I have tried on connectors here and there with very little success. 

Tilt has come to life for a min , that's it.

My baby goes to the garage next week.

Fingers crossed it is only a hiccup :)

Hope you'll be putting a claim in to Lancs County Council Pawel. I would never take the mick by claiming for small problems but what you've suffered is a major expense that is completely avoidable if councils carried out the maintenance that they should.

I'll hazard a guess that with a name like Pawel, you come from either Poland or the Czech Republic? Every year since 1991 my wife and I have been driving from Preston to both those countries (and Slovakia too) for our main holidays. We've toured north, south, east and west and all points in between and we've seen a major reversal in road conditions. When we first went, their roads were terrible and ours were much better, but now it's completely reversed - their roads are far better than ours.

EDIT - just dawned on me that your screen name of wildPOLISH sort of gives it away! Well, today can only get better for me  :whistling1:

• Like 1

I will vote for anyone who advocates a levy on petrol instead of vehicle tax for private vehicles.

Paying circa, £800 to keep 3 old cars legitimate annually when covering less than 5,000 miles per annum between all 3 cars is unfair particularly considering the state of our roads.

What worries me is that it will only get worse as they look to penalise larger engine owners!

• Like 3

I have had the computer checked and replaced with spare one by the mechanic unfortunately it didn't change anything.

We r looking now for a bad earth connection.

Yes I'm from Poland.

Glad you enjoyed your trips sorcerer.

So far the bill is quite low for both legs but the electrics can boost it up and won't hesitate a trip to the council.

And agree with DaKa that the tax should be in petrol. The more fuel u use the more u pay.

One of very few things that are done in Poland correct way.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well

Council says is not a responsible party....

Ended up with £300 bill. Two legs and new Battery as the old one was knackered.

Have no idea what caused the problem but the car after two days started to be fully responsive. All the issues disappeared.

We done so much is hard to say wat was the cause.

Im very disappointed with council reply.

Good that all works as it should.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

hey Wildpolish ....  maybe just ask the Council for their insurers details and tell them that you will be dealing directly with them if they don't settle sensibly ......  then actually deal with the insurers directly .....maybe ask your car breakdown people to advise you, RAC, AA, GreenFlag whatever ..........  you have little to lose and the Council might actually re-think their approach !

Malc

• Like 3