Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 different cars - same private plate

I know old Baz, I've met him and bought my last LS400 off him. He is definitely NOT a dealer!!!! The car I bought off him was a great example and my only regret is selling it!!! I've bought a GS450H now though so I am very happy with that. Baz is an enthusiast who enjoys the chase and buying new cars even though it's always LS400s and 430s. He seems to constantly recycle the same £2,000 as he always buys and sells them at around that price.

He does regularly use the same excuses for selling and buying cars such as for weddings, different colour, Pat (his wife) doesn't like it etc, one thing you won't buy off him is a dirty car as he spends hours cleaning and detailing them!!! 

He is struggling at the moment as he has 2 LS400s and is struggling to sell his gold one because of mainly quite bad paint fade on the bonnet, roof and boot lid which I think is putting people off. He is a genuine nice guy though and I wouldn't treat him with any more suspicion than any other people selling cars either privately or trade.

BTW, The seller of the LPG LS430 has put up new pictures now although it's ridiculously over priced for a 2001 221k example!!!

24 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

I know old Baz, I've met him and bought my last LS400 off him. He is definitely NOT a dealer!!!! The car I bought off him was a great example and my only regret is selling it!!! I've bought a GS450H now though so I am very happy with that. Baz is an enthusiast who enjoys the chase and buying new cars even though it's always LS400s and 430s. He seems to constantly recycle the same £2,000 as he always buys and sells them at around that price.

He does regularly use the same excuses for selling and buying cars such as for weddings, different colour, Pat (his wife) doesn't like it etc, one thing you won't buy off him is a dirty car as he spends hours cleaning and detailing them!!! 

He is struggling at the moment as he has 2 LS400s and is struggling to sell his gold one because of mainly quite bad paint fade on the bonnet, roof and boot lid which I think is putting people off. He is a genuine nice guy though and I wouldn't treat him with any more suspicion than any other people selling cars either privately or trade.

Thanks very much for that mrdoofa, very interesting information, whatever it says about 'old baz' it certainly says a lot about 'some' posters here, not surprising they could not name one specific thing wrong with the guy except name was 'old baz'.

I am very glad I brought this subject up, poor bloke, gets slagged off >by implication< just for buying & using lexus:wub:.............maybe those who slagged him off by implications should chuck in & buy him a new LS500h.......to resolve their guilt :yes:

I suspect with the new HMRC trawling of eBay and the like he will get a visit at some time to explain his non-trader position ....  if that's the case

HMRC presently have a bit of an issue with profits from sales of anything by private individuals not being declared......  especially if it looks like it's a Trade...  and then where does it end for anyone caught up in their enquiries :w00t:

Malc

13 minutes ago, Malc said:

I suspect with the new HMRC trawling of ebay and the like he will get a visit at some time to explain his non-trader position ....  if that's the case

HMRC presently have a bit of an issue with profits from sales of anything by private individuals not being declared......  especially if it looks like it's a Trade...  and then where does it end for anyone caught up in their enquiries :w00t:

Malc

I don't really think old Baz makes any profit!!! It's his hobby, he's had loads of cars over the years it's only been these last 5 years or so he has stuck with Lexus. He used to have big American cars like Buicks, chevys etc. He's had big BMWs, jags, rovers, fords and lots of others.

People are very quick to jump to conclusions and judge without being in full possession of the facts. As I said I actually know him and am in touch with him now. He is a good friend and car (especially Lexus) enthusiast. I find his eBay listings quite amusing sometimes!!!

26 minutes ago, Malc said:

I suspect with the new HMRC trawling of ebay and the like he will get a visit at some time to explain his non-trader position ....  if that's the case

Malc

You sound like a timid, fragile person......LOL, not like 'old baz' he's made of sterner stuff:yahoo:

55 minutes ago, dendonc said:

You sound like a timid, fragile person......LOL, not like 'old baz' he's made of sterner stuff:yahoo:

I'm far from fragile and timid :whip:

clearly you haven't been at the end of an HMRC  Enquiry :wallbash:  I have and thankfully my position was unassailed .... BUT without professional " Protection " ( c/o the FSB ) the outcome could have been rather more challenging...  and totally draining.

Believe me, when HMRC get their teeth into anything they will wring it dry, including I'm LED to understand, private individuals not declaring their " trading " on eBay etc

I'm glad Old Baz isn't a Trader, nor can he be considered to be one .....  he'll be absolutely fine:whistling1: 

Malc

• Like 2

I bought this on eBay in 2011. 

I also bought it outside normal 'auction procedure' thats how I got it, instead of bidding 10 or 20 quid above the last bidder I bid the max I decided to pay for it (appx 150 quid above the last bidder) in thefinal seconds of the auction, that threw aother bidders into maybe 'thinking' about it.....to late auction over, great LS400 was my result but outside "normal auction procedure", I was there to win the car not be crowned king of the looser.

I wasn't allowed to be the looser the purchase was made direct before the auction end. Should the auction taken full course the said seller would in my opinion be at least £500.00 better off, as my top bid was some £500 more than he sold the car for outside of the auction. I certainly wasn't entering into a bidding war owners just love that.

As i said good luck to OldBaz i won't have to wait long to see it for sale again.

I went with my uncle and bought an LS400 off Baz in 2012, he is a genuine guy, not a trader, I think hes just an enthusiast thats got ants in his pants and needs to change cars often for a bit of exceitement.. Not many people will understand that (I certainly dont, I keep my cars for a LONG time)...

Anyway like I say my uncle bought an LS400 from Baz... my uncle has ants in his pants too and a month later sold the LS400 to me as he wanted cash quick to buy something else, I bought it to do a few bits to it and make a profit, 6 months later I sold the LS400 back to Baz hahaha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dale_V said:

I went with my uncle and bought an LS400 off Baz in 2012, he is a genuine guy, not a trader, I think hes just an enthusiast thats got ants in his pants and needs to change cars often for a bit of exceitement.. Not many people will understand that (I certainly dont, I keep my cars for a LONG time)...

Anyway like I say my uncle bought an LS400 from Baz... my uncle has ants in his pants too and a month later sold the LS400 to me as he wanted cash quick to buy something else, I bought it to do a few bits to it and make a profit, 6 months later I sold the LS400 back to Baz hahaha

Thank you

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links