Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not sure if this is someone on the forum, but had a Bronze LS400 tail me along the A419 into Cirencester, this morning on way to work

Reg R299 CHE looked all nicely polished, put my dusty old heap to shame, and had the traffic been as stationary as it usually is by the college, would have popped back for a chat.

Still nice to have such a nice sight in the rear view instead of the usual euro-box

• Like 1

Maybe Cirencester is a hotpsot, as my mate drives a purple Mk4 around the area, and I sometimes see a Mk2 Green one pottering about on the Cirencester ring road.

One day we will be a convoy:yes:

• Like 1

Is there an agreed LS400 greeting when passing each other on the road?

Does a barely detectible nod suit the understated nature of these cars? Perhaps a Roger Moore-style raised eyebrow?

I was in the MX5 Owners Club for a while and frankly had to leave because the greetings were far too effusive. Some people actually waved and expected one to wave back!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goldtop said:

Is there an agreed LS400 greeting when passing each other on the road?

Maybe we need to write that rule.  I like the idea of the Roger Moore eyebrow.

The chap in his LS this morning passed me on the inside (coming up to a roundabout) gave a discreet wave, however as he was by then slightly ahead of me, my only option would have been to open the sun roof and launch a 'thumbs up' blimp. That would have not been very understated.

I remember years ago the effusive nature of MG owners (of which a girlfriend as one) passing one another, but that maybe more down to the fact that they were celebrating not parked up in some layby shrouded in steam trying to work which bit of the car had not been fitted by some bloke in Longbridge 3 years previous.

• Like 1