Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clear rear fog lenses.........

wolfie308

Morning all,

This is my first post by way of introduction. My hobby is making OE style/quality replacement lenses which are unavailable elsewhere. These include various Toyota, Lotus and Porsche models. Back in 2007, I made a small number of clear rear fog lenses for the Gen 7 Celica. Recently, I think I read somewhere that the same units were used on U.K models of the SC430, but have been unable to confirm whether that's true or not. Is anyone able to help?

I guess one way would be to compare the markings on the lenses, the Celica ones have 'TOYOTA Koito 20 - 419 JAPAN'

Many thanks in advance,

Richard

IMG_1906.JPG

celica gen7 fog.jpg

Hello Richard I took my lenses off last year to polish them up as they had faded, did take a photo and the  first observation is the screw mounting holes are just below the lence face and doesn't have one deep recessed screw as on one side as in the Gen 7 items .

See photo....

IMG_6251.JPG

Few other photo's on this eBay listing ....could well fit but with one screw recessed...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-SC-SC430-2001-2005-REAR-BACK-BUMPER-LEFT-PASSENGER-SIDE-RED-FOG-LIGHT-/282163328287?hash=item41b23eb51f:g:ANQAAOSwSlBYuSRA

Happy to try a pair for you :yes:

Hello Bob,

Many thanks for the additional info and pic......certainly looks like they'd fit with minimal adaptation:yes:

One other thing......I can't see any markings on the red lens which is odd as I thought that would be mandatory?

Regards making any more, I'd need to buy a new pair of the Celica lenses to mould from. Wherever possible, I prefer to use brand new items, as if not, any minor scratches or imperfections will be reproduced. The current moulds are exhausted for commercial sales, but I think I can make you a trial lens(or pair) for fitting purpose even if it's slightly imperfect.

If you'd like to P.M me your address, I'll get one made up this week.

Best Regards,

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Richard. 

Just come across this post and wanted to ask if your still making clear lenses? Any chance you would be interested in making clear side reflectors for the sc430? I've got a pair of standard refectors spare if you need some to copy from. 

Thanks in advance 

Harry 

Richard did punt them about the Lexus clubs but had little interest, I have the pair he sent to me but will keep them I case I want to use them on my car or a future SC430.

As the generation 7 Celica items are the same lens you might get lucky and find a pair of them 👍🏻

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:36 PM, Harry Hindmarch said:

Hi Richard. 

Just come across this post and wanted to ask if your still making clear lenses? Any chance you would be interested in making clear side reflectors for the sc430? I've got a pair of standard refectors spare if you need some to copy from. 

Thanks in advance 

Harry 

Hi Harry,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I am indeed still making lenses......clear, smoke, red and amber.

Unfortunately, as there was zero interest for the clear fogs which have another application, i.e the Gen7 Celica, I couldn't justify the time and cost of making the moulds for the SC430 front sides.

In addition, I think the units are the type where the lens is bonded to the backing part. This needs careful separation/cutting to refit the clear lens. Not a job most Lexus owners would entertain me thinks. I have recently done clear side markers for the USDM MR2 Mk1 which I believe are similar construction, but these were to compliment and fronts and side which I already make. Also make clear front side indicators for the JDM MR2 Mk2, which match my clear rears

If you have your spare side markers to hand, I'd be interested to see close up pics and dimensions.

Best Regards,

Richard

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0212.JPG

upload1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Richard

Some time has passed since your last post about the potential of investing in the production of lenses for SC430. I think they would look brilliant on my silver SC!

20210829_141354.thumb.jpg.409971f4ebb95c25608ba1c00b60ad95.jpg

Hopefully in that time much more SC's are now owned by devoted followers who would express interest in any products you produce.

If you have got anything of interest to us, please let us know.

Thanks 🙂