Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice on used CT

lockeyboy

3 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

real world mpg is about 53

I think that the sport+ current model is very well specked for the price

Thanks

im thinking of something perhaps 3 years old, but wanted to compare the quoted 65+ mpg against reality 

remember that the board computer is inaccurate. it will show 60mpg and it will be 55mpg.

the car is really nice

if you are looking for a 3 years old  why dont you lok for a new one? I got mine ( after carwowing) with 2000 deposit and paying £299 a month

very decent spec

• Like 2

Would be nice but I have a couple of LS400's that I want to keep (and tidy up a little) plus a terrible hankering for an ISF too.

the CT is a sensible and practical option to ferry me to and from my new day job however, but i thought a lightly used second hand one would save me a few £k

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

remember that the board computer is inaccurate. it will show 60mpg and it will be 55mpg.

the car is really nice

if you are looking for a 3 years old  why dont you lok for a new one? I got mine ( after carwowing) with 2000 deposit and paying £299 a month

very decent spec

I think you might find its the other way round. On my latest TomTom and two more before that the TT Satnav has always shown that the speedo is always incorrect. The cars speedo showing 70MPH the Tom Toms show consistently 64/5 mph. Tom Tom shows 70mph car speedo shows 77/76 mph. I have tried it on my wifes Fiesta with the same results. I assume they detune speedos so they could never be bought to task saying that their speedos are at fault for why I was speeding by showing a lower number than you were actually doing.

we are saying exactly the same thing. the Lexus speedo is optimistic, hence the MPG computer is optimistic by the same percentage.

Lexus CT and GS were showing 33-34mph when real speed was 30-31

In contrast, BMW speedo is much more accurate ( shows 31-32 when it is 30-31)

You can expect around 50 MPG in the real world: http://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/ct200h/2014

I'd say Advance trim is the one to go for on a 2014 model year (post face-lift). Got enough toys without paying too much (sat nav, cruise control etc.). If you want the best MPG/comfort go for the SE model as it has the smaller wheels but loses some toys (unless the original owner added them). F Sport is nice but you have to be prepared for the firmer ride. Premier is lovely but cost quite a bit more. All this from someone with a 3 year old Advance :happy:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

Based on current owners experiences, what's the version to go for? And equally importantly what's the real world mpg?

I would say Advance/Advance plus is the one to go for - however, it does depend on your needs and wants. Luxury spec might be a good option if you're wanting leather.

I think the main thing that divides opinion on the CT is the ride quality and power - so worth making sure you're happy with these before purchase.

• Like 1

It all depends on what you want. All models have exactly the same engine and gearbox.  There are various levels of trim and generally speaking, the more you pay for, the more you get.The sport model has the same number of seats and the same performance as all the other models but it does say "sport " on it which makes me smile. You can choose from a range of wheels and tyres if you like to look at yourself in shop windows or you simply like to stare for hours at your car as it stands outside your house, personally, I couldn't give a damn whether the low profiles look the business, I am more interested in how much it costs to fit new tyres. MPG depends on a great many things. The weather, the type of terrain, the mode of operation, your right foot and how heavy it is used on either pedal, the ambient temperature. In the ideal weather, the ideal speed ,on the ideal journey, with the ideal 40 mph lorry following techniques ( lorry speed limit on national speed limited single carriageways), I have been able to achieve the published figures. Dial in a real 70 mph (ie 77 or 78 on the speedo) and sprinkle in  some comfort braking, idiot braking, mild  acceleration and tyres which are too soft and not super efficient coupled with dealers short cutting costs by filling with alternate specification oil instead of the 0/20, and you are looking at high 50s real fuel consumption if you are just careful.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links