Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange symbol on sat nav memory point

I've saved some new locations in memory and a couple of them have a strange symbol next to them. Can't see anything in the manual. Does anyone have any idea what they mean? Have attached a picture.

Thanks.

IMG_20170608_135350.jpg

1 minute ago, Ala Larj said:

I'm also intrigued about what the dots on the road on the sat nav mean. Didn't get them on the IS.

Is that the Route Trace function? Or are these dots ahead of your position? If ahead I thought they were route guidance points?

Don't know

When I use sat nav they're on the route that I'm travelling on and also on the opposite carriageway. They're like tiny little circles.

When I first noticed them thought they were to do with density of traffic but they don't seem to have any correlation to what I can see out the window!

On 2017-6-8 at 8:46 PM, Ala Larj said:

Don't know

When I use sat nav they're on the route that I'm travelling on and also on the opposite carriageway. They're like tiny little circles.

When I first noticed them thought they were to do with density of traffic but they don't seem to have any correlation to what I can see out the window!

They are route trace markings - cookie crumbs to re-trace your route. You can switch it off in the menus..

On 2017-6-8 at 7:23 PM, Ala Larj said:

I've saved some new locations in memory and a couple of them have a strange symbol next to them. Can't see anything in the manual. Does anyone have any idea what they mean? Have attached a picture.

Thanks.

IMG_20170608_135350.jpg

Can find this out so heres a guess : you can set areas to avoid - this may indicate the route to that destination passes through one of these areas?

On 2017-6-13 at 2:22 PM, Jamesf1 said:

Can find this out so heres a guess : you can set areas to avoid - this may indicate the route to that destination passes through one of these areas?

I haven't got any areas to avoid set so don't thin k it could be this James.

On 2017-6-13 at 2:12 PM, Jamesf1 said:

They are route trace markings - cookie crumbs to re-trace your route. You can switch it off in the menus..

Hi James, I can't find where this is in the menus to turn off. Which menu is it in?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

Hi James, I can't find where this is in the menus to turn off. Which menu is it in?

Thanks

When in a map , select "menu" then "route" and you will be given the choice of stopping route trace.or starting if its already off. 

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

I haven't got any areas to avoid set so don't thin k it could be this James.

well it was just a guess. Im still baffled by this one.

I've emailed lexus to ask about the symbol.

Edited by Jamesf1
updated

On 2017-6-8 at 7:49 PM, NemesisUK said:

I'd be interested in what this means also. A couple of my Memory points have that symbol.. 

Did it affect the actual guidance?

Is there any kind of synchronisation feature with 'My Lexus' online and the unit in the GS? I never go near the sat-nav, and all attempts to get my unit online via my phone failed miserably, so I've not explored it myself. However, that symbol 'reads' like it might represent a failed upload or something.

On 2017-6-16 at 7:45 PM, Ten Ninety said:

Is there any kind of synchronisation feature with 'My Lexus' online and the unit in the GS? I never go near the sat-nav, and all attempts to get my unit online via my phone failed miserably, so I've not explored it myself. However, that symbol 'reads' like it might represent a failed upload or something.

I've never used the online thing as I'm a bit of a luddite so don't think it can be that!