Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New tyres - change make?

10 hours ago, DanD said:

Michelin Crossclimate all day long!

Had them on my previous NX, and on my RX before that, and I can't wait for my current Yokohama Bluearth to wear down so I can replace them with the latest Crossclimate.

They are excellent in the wet and in the snow, and so much quieter than the Yokohamas.

With a new RX 450h arriving in December, I’ve been looking for all-season tyres as I don’t really think a set of full Winter tyres is justified with the mileage I now complete. That’s a big change as I’ve had a second set of wheels with Winter rubber for years across various Honda and now Lexus vehicles.

The problem is size. I can’t find any all-season that fit my new RX, and only two full Winter (Hankook and Continental).Size is 235/55 R20. I’d assumed there would be something but I can’t find anything! Am I missing something obvious?

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

With a new RX 450h arriving in December, I’ve been looking for all-season tyres as I don’t really think a set of full Winter tyres is justified with the mileage I now complete. That’s a big change as I’ve had a second set of wheels with Winter rubber for years across various Honda and now Lexus vehicles.

The problem is size. I can’t find any all-season that fit my new RX, and only two full Winter (Hankook and Continental).Size is 235/55 R20. I’d assumed there would be something but I can’t find anything! Am I missing something obvious?

Change the tyre size slightly. There aren't any all season tyres for the standard size. 

Besides. Never used winter tyres on the RX. The standard bridgestones have been fine. Even in deep snow 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Don C said:

I put Cross Climates on my NX when it was a couple of weeks old.  I’ve still got the original four if anyone wants to make me a silly offer.   

£1.45 per tyre and I’ll take all four.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

£1.45 per tyre and I’ll take all four.

I suppose I asked for that.   That’s £5.80 but there’s the storage charge of £150.  Come and get them for £155.80.  Less than £40 per nearly new tyre is a bargain I reckon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links