Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traffic light Grand Prix.

2 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Had some fun on the way home today trying to follow 2 big capacity bikes on the dual carriageway. They would have left me behind but for the heavy traffic. Got a thumbs up from them after 😎.

I also had a random pedestrian poke their head through my open window this morning and ask me to rev my engine for him! Obviously I didn't disappoint 😂 

#publicservice 

@Rusty Crobar Yes I can see the scenario now.......

IMG_3033.JPG.dc4e67d48f5820fdcbd5a18ac19ec5ec.JPG

'Go Russ go drive it like you stole it' 😂

🐀

• Like 2

Chap in a new SQ5 got very upset with me a little while ago.....

Funny thing was, came up behind him again a couple of days ago and he obviously remembered because he decided to show off, let him get on with it as it was in a built up area rather than pulling onto dual carriageway.

• Like 4

No traffic light grand prix for me in the is250 I'm afraid 😔

I tried it once against a ford mondeo tdi and it out accelerated me.

I felt quite embarrest to be honest 😳

• Like 5

Just now, peachy said:

Haha I know this feeling!

Peachy I doubt very much a ford mondeo tdi will out accelerate a lexus is250 that can hit 60 in a shade over 7 seconds unless it's the titanium 240bhp which is ford's fastest mondeo. Even so the 250 will certainly keep up with it.

• Like 1

i was quarter the way alongside a carrera 4 yesterday but a car appeared at the end of the straight so i pulled back and kept my distance. (didnt want the front getting chipped) They are pretty quick, fairly even until higher speeds then the IS gained fast enough for me to attempt a cheeky overtake but sadly denied lol

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Peachy I doubt very much a ford mondeo tdi will out accelerate a lexus is250 that can hit 60 in a shade over 7 seconds unless it's the titanium 240bhp which is ford's fastest mondeo. Even so the 250 will certainly keep up with it.

is 250 0-60 is 8.3 is it not? 

I used to have this vehicle for a couple of months before I switch to the GS250, it didn't feel any faster than that. Was just fine, but no where near 7 seconds

19 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

is 250 0-60 is 8.3 is it not? 

I used to have this vehicle for a couple of months before I switch to the GS250, it didn't feel any faster than that. Was just fine, but no where near 7 seconds

Well it's certainly quicker than the official lexus figures of 8.3 seconds. 

A quick search online will show some independent tests of the is250 hitting 60 in just 7.1 seconds.

• Like 1

I agree Rebecca it is definitely quicker than the official lexus claim of 8.3 seconds. 

0-60 is entirely possible in 7.1 seconds in ect power on and traction off with left foot on the brake and a high revving start. 

Running the car on shell v power definitely improves power on the is250 as the high compression ratio of 12 .0.1 engine really does perform better with high octane fuel.

On 2017-6-16 at 6:57 PM, Rusty Crobar said:

I also had a random pedestrian poke their head through my open window this morning and ask me to rev my engine for him! Obviously I didn't disappoint 😂 

hahahahaha,.................... with the older Ls400s the pedestrians can't even hear you approach and when it revs it's so quiet it sounds like a lamb munching grass in a field 100 yards away  :wink3:

Malc

• Like 4

6 hours ago, -nick- said:

M140i on the m62 wanted to play, very childish of me but he got battered, he looked quite surprised.

LOL. I though they were pretty quick,

On 6/18/2017 at 9:07 PM, peachy said:

Sorry, for chipping in big boys (IS-F) talk, but I never was really embarrassed with IS250 acceleration. It is a matter of knowing who to take on and who to leave alone.

Generally, there are 2 types of drivers who tries to take on me and gets roasted... SUV drivers who think that 2t or 3td is enough to take on me and boy ricers in their sh***ox "hot hatches". The first kind are just bad drivers and simply not good at physics, the second kind are lunatics driving "like it's stolen" type.

Either way, they pull in a wrong lane expecting top cut across... SUV drivers are hopeless and just tries to get lucky, while lunatics in their pimped hatches simply underestimates the challenge. 7.1 is a bit optimistic, but 7.5-7.6 are pretty much normal... I am so happy IS250 has just enough power to fend off hot hatches of its time ~ 2005, the newer ones are actually slightly faster, but everything gets down to the fact ricers thinks they are on for soft target and are not prepared for "the start", by the time they realise it is always too late.

I imagine such challenges should be even more interesting in IS-F as from first glance from unsuspecting ricer is just another Lexus saloon, whereas they would not try to intimidate M3 or alikes.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 10:11 PM, Linas.P said:

Sorry, for chipping in big boys (IS-F) talk, but I never was really embarrassed with IS250 acceleration. It is a matter of knowing who to take on and who to leave alone.

Generally, there are 2 types of drivers who tries to take on me and gets roasted... SUV drivers who think that 2t or 3td is enough to take on me and boy ricers in their sh***ox "hot hatches". The first kind are just bad drivers and simply not good at physics, the second kind are lunatics driving "like it's stolen" type.

Either way, they pull in a wrong lane expecting top cut across... SUV drivers are hopeless and just tries to get lucky, while lunatics in their pimped hatches simply underestimates the challenge. 7.1 is a bit optimistic, but 7.5-7.6 are pretty much normal... I am so happy IS250 has just enough power to fend off hot hatches of its time ~ 2005, the newer ones are actually slightly faster, but everything gets down to the fact ricers thinks they are on for soft target and are not prepared for "the start", by the time they realise it is always too late.

I imagine such challenges should be even more interesting in IS-F as from first glance from unsuspecting ricer is just another Lexus saloon, whereas they would not try to intimidate M3 or alikes.

You would beat me too. I drive in SUV mode most of the time.

I enjoy a quick getaway when it's quiet and there's no competition but I quite like coming second in the traffic light grand prix so that the person in the other car can have their day of glory. Spread a little happiness and give them the nod to confirm their superiority at the next set of lights, I say. The halo does slip occasionally:blush: but what does any of us need to prove away from the track?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neil E said:

You would beat me too. I drive in SUV mode most of the time.

I enjoy a quick getaway when it's quiet and there's no competition but I quite like coming second in the traffic light grand prix so that the person in the other car can have their day of glory. Spread a little happiness and give them the nod to confirm their superiority at the next set of lights, I say. The halo does slip occasionally:blush: but what does any of us need to prove away from the track?

Each to their own :)

There are of course multiple ways at looking at this. In the past I used to enjoy being annihilated from the lights just so I could see a fast car perform. 

Would I still enjoy being beaten.......yep. I'd love to see exactly how fast a P1 or similar is off the line.

So I'm guessing hat those in lower powered cars, like me, enjoy seeing faster cars take off and disappear (until said speed limit is reached)

• Like 3

I still thoroughly enjoy the excitement ( even at my advanced age :unsure: ) of plodding along and taking the odd super fast car by surprise when i just " toe it " and fly away  ..... likewise at traffic lights with a boy racer, or someone i know is just riding the clutch to chase away ahead of me, my old banger, and I put it into  quick mode and fly away like a jet at my super acceleration of 6.9 secs  0 - 60 mph ( even now I believe )  and then continuing super acceleration right through to a speed limit thundering 70mph :yahoo:

I was very naughty once, three people in a new Merc estate decided to play silly buggers with me and cutting me up on a dual  ( duel ! ) carriageway.  I let it pass until they slowed down and i overtook in the normal course, then they decided to start again ( being silly buggers ) so I then kept them in the outside lane not allowing them to pull into the nearside ( my ) lane and they got quite scared when they couldn't get anywhere near to overtaking me at some silly fast speed ....  and they seemed to desperately need the security of the inside lane.  Some Merc drivers eh !

Malc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Malc said:

I still thoroughly enjoy the excitement ( even at my advanced age :unsure: ) of plodding along and taking the odd super fast car by surprise when i just " toe it " and fly away  ..... likewise at traffic lights with a boy racer, or someone i know is just riding the clutch to chase away ahead of me, my old banger, and I put it into  quick mode and fly away like a jet at my super acceleration of 6.9 secs  0 - 60 mph ( even now I believe )  and then continuing super acceleration right through to a speed limit thundering 70mph :yahoo:

I was very naughty once, three people in a new Merc estate decided to play silly buggers with me and cutting me up on a dual  ( duel ! ) carriageway.  I let it pass until they slowed down and i overtook in the normal course, then they decided to start again ( being silly buggers ) so I then kept them in the outside lane not allowing them to pull into the nearside ( my ) lane and they got quite scared when they couldn't get anywhere near to overtaking me at some silly fast speed ....  and they seemed to desperately need the security of the inside lane.  Some Merc drivers eh !

Malc

Well, they could have brakes and pulled back in :wink3:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had a little play with an Audi rs3 this afternoon. He slowly eased away from me. Think he was surprised there was a Lexus still in his mirror! He slowed and pulled over, think it was to have a look what I was driving. We then had a couple more pulls, similar result, he slowly eased away.  Not a lot in it though. Looking at the specs of the rs3 I would hope he wasn't standard! Didn't sound like it was from the exhaust note. Good fun though.

• Like 3

I don't know really this just so childish you wouldn't see me or @Mark G or @Warrington guy or ................ cough cough any of us responsible.........isF owners behaving in such a way............. 😂

IMG_0391.thumb.JPG.65fd9dcd5ecf2c8ab6515179d02bf61f.JPG

As evidenced here with me travelling at precisely 29.9 mph 🤣

🐀

• Like 1

Sensible, that's me, no need for unnecessary displays of speed, I will get there when I get there, no rush...........................................

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark G said:

Sensible, that's me, no need for unnecessary displays of speed, I will get there when I get there, no rush...........................................

🤥

Had a really good battle with a 2015 RS5 coming home from work.  Cars were fairly event matched up to 4th gear then the ISF pulled away slowly.  Audi is definatly limited to 155mph also!!

All on private roads obviously

Some of you need to consider what your posting.

If you ever have the misfortune to be involved in a bad accident, and it goes to court, they may well search your posting history and use it against you.

To see what can happen, if you aren't already aware of this case, put ten pence short in to google, and read his musings from his prison cell.

• Like 2