Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Boredom

2 hours ago, DanD said:

And I bet that's killing you! - It would me! - lol

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Tease!

Can't help it! Its all a game.....

Im enjoying myself very much but its going to be a PITA when the other half finds out

• Like 1

..by the way, I think that the whole driving experience thing is a bit overestimated. I am waiting for a car and as my wife loves her CT, for the last couple of weeks ( and until september the first) I am using a skoda citigo automatic to drive up and down the country

well, it does drive me around and the more the miles go by, the less I think I need much more from a car. I wonder if we are all marketing victims...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Im enjoying myself very much but its going to be a PITA when the other half finds out

I knew you was a TESLA fan like Gang. :yes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

What will you offer me not to tell the wife? 

A ride in your Tesla?

3 hours ago, noby76 said:

I knew you was a TESLA fan like Gang. :yes:

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Really? Rayaan is getting a Tesla?

Which model are you getting?

Well it's not an EV for a start so that's ruled out! 

Going to be interesting. I've bought the car without looking at it!

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

You are not a tease, YOU ARE A BIG TEASE!

Go on, give us all a clue? Is it something embarrassing? Like a FIAT? Italian - yes Italian! It MUST be!

Nope, but Im hoping it'll be reliable unlike a Fiat!

i think you will miss the RX rayaans they are fab cars,we have just got ours through the first Mot this week and intend to keep it for another couple of years.(unless you are getting the new RX of course)

we have an SLK as our other car but are thinking of changing that now for a bigger more comfortable car as we both are liking are comfort to much.

I'll be booking some test drives within the next month and see where I go from there. Just done a weekend away and a 350 mile round trip on the M5. Still as boring as ever in the NX I'm afraid so it will be going at some point. Just need to decide what

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I'll be booking some test drives within the next month and see where I go from there. Just done a weekend away and a 350 mile round trip on the M5. Still as boring as ever in the NX I'm afraid so it will be going at some point. Just need to decide what

I think you're generally going to struggle in the UK for driving enjoyment. 

Generally I do have to go out on the B roads and do some stupid driving (its only fun when you're at 10/10th).

Which is why cars like the GT86 and MX5 are fun, their 10/10th is significantly less than say a Porche 911'S 10/10th

44 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Generally I do have to go out on the B roads and do some stupid driving (its only fun when you're at 10/10th).

Which is why cars like the GT86 and MX5 are fun, their 10/10th is significantly less than say a Porche 911'S 10/10th

i do agree i find my 190bhp accord to be much more fun to drive than the GS430 V8. Yes on a straight line speed the V8 comes into its zone but the edginess and being able to do more with less in the Accord just makes it so much fun to drive.. and i think most make the mistake of say going for 400-500bhp cars with the notion of bringing driving enjoyment when 90% of the time they cannot extract the full potential of the car when all they need is a car they can drive at 10/10th even at legal driving conditions..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noby76 said:

i do agree i find my 190bhp accord to be much more fun to drive than the GS430 V8. Yes on a straight line speed the V8 comes into its zone but the edginess and being able to do more with less in the Accord just makes it so much fun to drive.. and i think most make the mistake of say going for 400-500bhp cars with the notion of bringing driving enjoyment when 90% of the time they cannot extract the full potential of the car when all they need is a car they can drive at 10/10th even at legal driving conditions..

I could not disagree more - it is not about driving to the limit - it is the refinement that I find so pleasing with the LS400. I will admit, I do have to be careful as the power is intoxicating at times - but I am training her to to keep to 70 mph.

• Like 1

Can't ever see me ever getting bored driving my IS250 F sport to be honest. Had the car about 8 months now and still love to jump in it and drive.

I love everything about my lexus. It looks really cool in white. Handles exceptionally well, has all the toys you could possibly want. It's really comfy and the car has power. What I really love is that lovely V6 sound and that's the thing I would miss most if I did ever trade it in for my second favourite car the lexus IS 200T. 

Luckily I live on the doorstep of the black mountains and the brecon beacons and driving on those mountain roads with the lovely views is sublime .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Have you sold the RX already?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I could not disagree more - it is not about driving to the limit - it is the refinement that I find so pleasing with the LS400. I will admit, I do have to be careful as the power is intoxicating at times - but I am training her to to keep to 70 mph.

Yes but we all know an LS was not built with sportiness in mind as you say its more for refinement and wafting but will get up and go when asked which was the same case with the 430 i had.. it had power but i wouldn't  call it a fun car and the LS400 falls in that bracket aswell. some drivers dont want refinement and wafting rides and thats where cars like GT86, Celica's and MX-5 and compact Saloons come into play. 

From various posts on here, the consensus of opinion is that you can't drive like a racing driver on our crowded roads. The LS 400 will do far more than is legal and safe. 

If you want to drive with "spirit" then the race track would seem to be the place for the GT86 et al. Even Top Gear only used closed roads for extreme tests.

A Fiat Panda will give you lots of thrills at a much lower speed. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

you are right but i don't think you got my point.. I am not talking about racing the cars at illegal speeds.. cars like the Toyata MR2,Celica's . S2000 and compact sport Saloons/Coupe do not have as much sound insulation and not as heavy so e.g. even when taking a corner/rounbabout at a permitted 50 mph it sounds and goes about it in a fun way than an LS400 taking the same corner at the same 50mph...

• Like 1

For sheer thrills an Integra Type R takes some beating without needing to do ridiculous speeds.

The IS250 F-Sport gives me a different type of thrill though, I don't even drive the car hard but it far from bores me the feeling it gives when driving and way it makes me feel far outweighs the "calmer" driving style it has over other cars

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links