Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

the 400 as gone feel a bit gutted but on a lighter note the bloke that bought it is over the moon ,apparantly he was looking for a jag never had a lexus or been in one so i arranged to take it to let him see it and took him for a drive oh how his face changed when he was in it .he asked why is it so quiet ,ive never been in a car like this ,and a genuine handshake knowing ive converted someone to the joys of the 400 hopefuly be back in 12 months or so .ill stil be on the site and a big thanks to you all over the recent months regards steve

• Like 8

had a lot of trouble with my daily driver (work car )had to change that (never buy an insignia ) so just needed to cut back ,ive lost a bit of money on the ls but its gone to a local chap who s made up with it

• Like 1

On 11/06/2017 at 8:56 AM, ste42 said:

(never buy an insignia )

Used to be a Cavalier man for many years and then when the tried a Vectra, that was the end of my love affair with Vauxhall. 

• Like 1

sad to hear of your loss

I too had a Vauxhall, well, three actually .........  fond memories of my 1988 Carlton 1.8ltr.....  fabulous family car and did me many years and just over 200k miles before it finally expired with irreparable RUST :whip:

Malc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malc said:

sad to hear of your loss

I too had a Vauxhall, well, three actually .........  fond memories of my 1988 Carlton 1.8ltr.....  fabulous family car and did me many years and just over 200k miles before it finally expired with irreparable RUST :whip:

Malc

i had a carlton cdx back in the day loved it

18 minutes ago, ste42 said:

i had a carlton cdx back in the day loved it

Must just be me with strange imports, I used to have a german version of the Vauxhall Carlton badged as an Opel Rekord, 2.0L S but was RHD.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Must just be me with strange imports, I used to have a german version of the Vauxhall Carlton badged as an Opel Rekord, 2.0L S but was RHD.

and the opel ascona

I find that a little strange that GM had both Vauxhall and Opel main dealers in the UK .....  or maybe GM didn't own them then :unsure:

Malc

5 minutes ago, Malc said:

I find that a little strange that GM had both Vauxhall and Opel main dealers in the UK .....  or maybe GM didn't own them then :unsure:

Malc

Must have done Malc, the Opel Ascona was virtually identical to the first Cavalier.

They did have a few different models though, including the Manta.

11 hours ago, mikeyv said:

Must have done Malc, the Opel Ascona was virtually identical to the first Cavalier.

They did have a few different models though, including the Manta.

My old woman had a red Manta when we first met in '92. A699 NVS. I've had a few Poxhall's,none of which I fell in love with,including a 1969 Viva HB  which had it's back doors welded shut because the previous owners kids would do a runner when Mum stopped at traffic lights!. Had a hired Insignia CDTi last year after my LS was written off. It had all the toys of course,as well as very firm suspension,very economical though.

13 hours ago, ste42 said:

hopefully this passat should see me right

passat.jpg

Had one of these for a year, economy on diesel was fine, but seemed to drink oil for living (which my manager said was typical of VAG diesel engines).  Seats harder than Ian Paisley on a good day, and hated the electronic handbrake.

But great for shoving stuff in the back and off to the tip.

Malc

Genearal motors had a stake in the Opel motor co during the 1920s and took full control in 1931 and like Toyota ,Opel started life as a textile machine manufacturer.

• Like 1