Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help with buying a roof box

Anyone on here big into their roof boxes?

I am looking for help and advice, basically last year me and the Mrs had a little girl, she's not 6 months old and we are looking to take a trip away, I can get most of the require bits of pieces in the boot but wont have room for some suit cases for me and the Mrs

I already have the genuine Lexus IS Roof bars that I bought in anticipation last year, but now I need to get a roof box sorted, ideally something with space for bags and some bits and food or something if we go self catering. But also not so big that it becomes too big to store and impossible to get up and down from the roof.

Cost is a factor this is something I will be using every day so don't want to waste money on it, ideally second hand and can sell it for similar money to what I purchase it for.

I have no experience with roof boxes are they are fairly universal mounting thing as I think Thule make the roof bars for Lexus.

If anyone has any ideas and can offer any advice with what to buy or what to look out for it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Attached is a picture of my car a few months ago with the roof rack installed so you can see what shape and design I have if only certain boxes will mount on to it

2016-10-23%2010.46.39.jpg

2016-10-23%2010.46.44.jpg

2016-10-23%2010.46.53.jpg