Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just got an LS460 (57 plate) a problem though.. (Brake switch maybe)?

Hello guys,

Just got a nice example of a Lexus LS460 SE-L 84.000miles  , photos to follow :)

On the way driving back there was an error came up about PCS failure and to visit the dealer. This happened at a round about and then did not appear again.

Next the LKA would work for a while and then it will be disabled again with the relevant error message.

The same happened with the ACC active cruise control work for a bit and then get disabled.

I noticed although the brake lights will work, there will be sometimes a second of a brake lights coming on and then off ... and then come on properly ... which I though the brake switch seems over sensitive.

I then plugged in my laptop and retrieved all the following codes (many maybe not relevant to the problem).

Any ideas are welcome guys, is the cause to all my problems the brake switch?

5941c1aa489f1_healhreport.JPG.4c25d03ca624b277390f075b9921b500.JPG

Atleast one meme her had the Acc fail because the sensor at the front behind the grill had water ingress - might be worth checking - if it is faulty you could approach the dealer to pay for repairs 

Hello Mark,

I had heard of this before, but nothing from the scan points towards the radar sensor :(
There is no dealer involved in the sale, as it came from the auction, however I am in contact with the auction place as it was sold as no major faults and they are waiting for a call from me today to discuss options.

If it is a simple thing as the brake switch then I would not go into the fuss of back and forward conversations :)

Regards
Vasilis

itll be the radar sensor... Its located behind/part of the front Lexus L badge on the grill.

could have a look at the connections, give them a clean up and go from there.

• Like 1

I doubt you'll get much luck with the auction house...........  but best to try

There was no major fault the moment you bid, the hammer went down, you paid and drove the car away ...  was there ?  How long after did the fault appear ?  how many miles and time on your journey home from the auction house ?

Malc

Hello Malc,

The auction have been very good in the past, I have reported the fault within the hour and not more than 30miles driven. So I was within the auction's rules, hence they will honor my claim.

Regarding the previous posts:

But all the codes come up as the following:

Engine ECU
P0504  Brake Switch "A"/"B" Correlation   (Active fault)

Radar ECU
C1A05  Stop Switch    (Historical)

LKA ECU
C1A05  Stop Switch    (Historical)
C1A6A  Infrared Signal Circuit    (Historical)

PCS ECU
B2090  ACC/LKA/PCS System malfunction        (Historical)
This would be trigered by all the above I think

I cannot see any codes relating to the radar sensor :(

Hi guys,

I just got back, Lexus came to the same conclusion about the brake switch. So ordered the part and will go to replace it tomorrow. Already booked in.
So fingers crossed this will sort out the problems.

I am also looking to get 1yr Lexus extended warranty, I think it will be a smart move?

Are Lexus extended warranties any good?

Cheers
Vasilis

2 hours ago, KentIS300 said:

Replaced the brake switch and all working fine :)

Now I am thinking about the Lexus extended warranty it comes to £1450 for a year mmmm

Are they not offering two for one at the minute? 

23 minutes ago, KentIS300 said:

Apparently the LS is only entitled to 1yr extended warranty they don't do 2yrs

Ouch 

check through some of the current owners thoughts I'm pretty sure the bills would have been staggering if not covered by warrenty

I was thinking for things such as brake accumulator, cooling system, brake calipers, steering rack and such.

I seem to have the coolant level to stay below min, I topped it up twice and it keeps staying there.

And also I think there is a sticky caliper on the front passenger side, disks and pads are new installed last year (8.000miles ago) and there is a lot of jadder and some pull to the left.

So already making a list for claiming things here and there to kinda get my money back.

What they say though suspension is covered?

Capture.JPG.36101fd01a4b81fdabb07c66de5333ca.JPG

Oh I know about pre-existing conditions, however Lexus health-check has not picked up any of the things I mentioned. Therefore to Lexus eyes are not pre-existing :)

In which case, definitely get the warranty because if they cover what you have mentioned you will certainly get your moneys worth :smile:

The sticky caliper should be covered.  I have now had 3 of them replaced under warranty with no fuss.

The warranty issue is something I had no problem with on my Mark1 back in 96.

The dealer who sold me the car was a independent and he put a twelve month warranty on the car which I paid for in the purchase price.

On delivery I took it to the Lexus dealership were I lived at the time and they found a sticking caliper that was replaced on warranty six months later the second gear solenoid failed that was done under the warranty including the vehicle pick up.

Then a week before the warranty expired the security on the keys failed and that was replaced at significant cost.

I did a rough calculation on the cost of these fixes and they amounted to just short of three grand at that time.

The renewal of the warranty was never taken up as it was quite expensive. and subsequent failure of components did not occur so it was a good deal.

I suggest anyone purchasing a new to them car should always ask for a comprehensive warranty as part of the deal even if they have to top it up to get comprehensive no quibble results.

Doesn't the warranty only cover for 10 years, if it's 07 then must be close to that.

What auction was it, just out of interest as they seem quite good if they are picking up the costs, I assume it must have had the AA approved cover on it. 

OK all done.

The has now one year extended warranty. :)

Regarding the 10yr ... the warranty has to be taken the latest before the car gets to 10yr or 140.000miles

So now the warranty will be valid until June 2018

Got a pleasant surprise yesterday through the post.

They did not tell me this at Lexus when I took the warranty.

Apparently I got a proper breakdown cover for the whole year, that covers me as a driver or passenger in any car. And also proper European cover.

Came in time... as I was going to renew the AA end of this month. Saved us £240 of an AA joint membership.

Excellent :)

• Like 4

Yep, it is something that most people overlook.

It is top level cover with the AA, which as you know isn't that cheap, so definitely something worth considering when thinking about purchasing the warranty.