Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So nice weather here now and decided to let all the windows down using the unlock button on the fob. I have a 2010 GS450h SE-L so would have expected this feature has standard !!

Anyway called the dealer and they want to charge me for looking at it and sorting it (car is under warranty) and started telling me he needs it all day  

Any nice person on here tell me if the feature comes as standard on theirs and how to programme it myself 

It's a customisable feature on my RC but it requires the dealer to change the setting. 

Or somebody with Techstream or possibly using an OBD dongle and Carista but I have no idea if that is supported in the app.

It cannot be done using the controls in the car AFAIK

It is definitely an option that Lexus can turn on or off. No idea how long it takes but I suspect minutes. I had this feature turned on my RX and was nit charged for the service. My GS450 already had it enabled.

Hi My 2009 model can be set by the owner. Can't remember how but I did mine following instructions  in the handbook (somewhere). Also linked the key fob to adjust the seats on unlocking. Just remembered you have to hold the lock button down to use function. similarly unlock and drop when approaching to let the hot air out before entering.

Edited by Sherra
addition

Linking the key to the seats and a/c is a really cool and useful function. Easily set-up from the driver's seat.

No idea why Lexus require the dealer to set-up the windows thing...

Hi

i too wanted that feature at my last service i asked them to turn it on tech did it in about 2 mins no charge

they said it was altered because  some people complained that the windows opened themselves after locking, mine as never done it once its a lovely feature .

Love this thread. I had no idea this feature existed. I've found my car does the open and close thing already and I've been using it all weekend.

What a great forum this is.

Bod

• Like 2