Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS(05-) Folding Mirror Issue

Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but my 06 IS220 does this weird thing, when I fold the electic mirrors, the mirrors come in and gently tap the window. More to the bigger issue, if i fold my mirrors while the windows are open and then attempt to close the window, the safety system that prevents chopped fingers immediatley drop the windows when they come in contact with the over-extending mirror.

Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone have any help or experience?

Is it the same on both mirrors? To be honest it sounds like something is broken that would stop the mirror.

Possibly the mirror have been folded in forcefully against the motor and snapped something seen this quite a lot on other marques of cars over the years in paint shops where the mirrors and folded in to mask the car, usually this snaps the cast though and just makes the mirror all floppy, cant say I have even seen it on a Lexus/Toyota so maybe this is what happens, almost sounds like it is out of sync, as mentioned above to it retract to the correct position?

When the mirror does stop in either the opened or closed position is it solid and film or is it floppy and could be pushed around?

That is definitely not right. When folded they should be around inch away from the glass.

As well I would cross out the suggestion something might be broken by forcefully folding mirrors - they are designed for that.... I have clipped mirrors several times... Once last week in the traffic when one idiot tried to force this way into my lane. It was ~20miles speed difference and his mirror cracked - nothing happened to my mirror.. just folded back as designed. 

I wonder maybe they were previously damaged and somebody fitting them forgotten some parts? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem but only on the O/S. When I close the mirrors, the N/S comes in but doesn't touch the window, wheresas the O/S taps the window, and if the window was down, the mirror would come into the cabin and then of course the window wouldn't shut. Very weird 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links