Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RC F Owner

Dee-RCF

Hello Everyone,

I have just bought an RC F and i absolutely adore it. This is my first lexus,

always been a bmw guy but does this thing drive better...

Pictures to follow soon

• Like 2

Welcome Dee, hope you enjoy your time here.

Looking over an RC-F the last time I was at a Lexus dealer and it was stunning, but I think they look even better in motion. It'll be great to see your photos.

Interesting you've been a BMW boy, what made you go for the Lexus? If you read the (largely dreadful) UK motoring press you would have rejected it for lacking low-down torque and being overweight! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-6-17 at 1:47 PM, gdh300 said:

Welcome Dee, hope you enjoy your time here.

Looking over an RC-F the last time I was at a Lexus dealer and it was stunning, but I think they look even better in motion. It'll be great to see your photos.

Interesting you've been a BMW boy, what made you go for the Lexus? If you read the (largely dreadful) UK motoring press you would have rejected it for lacking low-down torque and being overweight! 

Too much BMW's everywhere it's like a plague. I did read the UK motoring press and ignoring them was the best thing. 

Hello and Welcome to the forum! Beautiful car!

If you have any intentions of completing any maintenance, modification or just general enthusiast type jobs on the Lexus now seems like the ideal time to start a thread on the Brand New build thread section to share you ideals and photos and hopefully get a few ideas and tips along the way.

8 hours ago, Dee-RCF said:

I did read the UK motoring press and ignoring them was the best thing. 

Absolutely the best approach, they don't have the same priorities as a lot of us who buy with our own cash. Too much bias towards the manufacturers who advertise with them that are all busy chasing the company-account-three-year deal-shop-it-in-for-a-new-one deal. Drive the car, and see if it makes you smile; then read HJ and forums like this. 

Anyway, rant over! Love the red leather, but what is a 'moonroof'?

59 minutes ago, gdh300 said:

but what is a 'moonroof'?

I can't be certain in this case, but traditionally, sunroofs are the metal variety and moonroof's are sunroofs made of glass. 

Or is the other way round? :g:

My glass one seems to let in both sunlight and moonlight, so I'm confused! Or is that one opens, the other doesn't?