Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

Scoops1964

This is one item I really miss from other cars I have owned. I have auto everything else, but no auto dimming mirror.  MEH

I have found a donor auto dimming mirror on eBay from a 2015 car (mine is 2017) but I now need some help from 'the Lexus folk' to help fit it.

First, how do you get the 'manual' mirror off?

Next, is there wiring tucked away ready to plug in?

If no wiring, I was thinking of tapping into to a suitable power supply in the head liner (I have a sunroof) and then find an earth point.  

It can't be that tricky.  Has anyone done this??  Have you got some links to the instructions??

Much appreciated.

below is from pidu

To remove the oem mirror simply pull away from the windscreen the bottom of the fitting and then move the whole part upwards.

To remove overhead console - pull from the windscreen side first, there are 2 clips, then on the sides near lights - another two clips, unplug connector and remove console.

Connect piece of two core wire to wires in console connector - ground is white with black stripe in the corner (pin 15), power - green in the middle (I believe it is pin 7, next to yellow one).

At the back of the mirror we needed to connect pin 1 - power and 2 - ground (honda accord mirror wiring see attached image)

mirror.jpg

• Like 3