Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

used rx400h 2006 at 65k

Suhating

hi, guys new to this kind of stuff. looking to buy an rx400h. been lookin around for a few weeks now and this particular one has caught my eye...

http://coventry.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/RX-400h/33-SE-L-SatNavReversing-Camera-s4bgr2w

never bought from a dealer before and never bought a lexus before. asking £9995 but after a day of haggling £9800. :wallbash:

am seriously considering it but its had 3 previous owners, so presuming it says 3 on the v5, meaning 3 + the one whose name its in = 4. would make me the fifth.

can it be possible? ... such low mileage (65k) for a 4-owner car and 11 yrs old?

after checking the MOT history, it only covered 10k miles by first MOT, (3 years) :confused:

any input from anyone would be much appreciated. thanks

requested the service records from dealer. apparently first buyer covered only 1,100  miles in the first 14 months and then the next stamp is at the same lexus garage at 10,100 miles 23 months on. Im a little skeptical that they only  covered one thousand miles in 14 months of purchase?

• 4 years later...

LOL my wife's 2006 mini has only done 180 miles in the last 5 years most of that is driving too and back from the MOT centre no joke.

I would check to see if it has had the cam belt water pump and pulleys replaced recently as the interval is i believe between 60k -90k  and with it being 11 year old I Know I would not risk it as if it.

And personally I have found low mileage is not always a good thing as regular short trips to the shops and back can ware out the engine more quickly than high motorway miles along with a good service history.

My late farther in-law had 2001 1.6l golf from new and never travelled far  just to shops and back 5 or six times a week and had it serviced every year and when it was sold 5 years ago with only 45k on the clock it sounded more like a diesel car than petrol and I would not have bought it and we could have had it for free.

This is just my own honest opinion wish you all the best John