Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket tpms

McRattlehead

As an addition to a similar post on the CT forum i wondered if anyone has fitted these ? I have checked around and prices range form £38-£90 per sensor.

OEM pacific sensors are around £60,when mine came off the wheel one was broken at the valve stem and the sensor itself was spinning around inside but still transmitting,the other would not reseal at the valve.I daresay some of these problems were down to previous tyre change as one had been superglued and neither had new service kits on them.It seems in my area these are still alien to tyre bays,on reading the U.S forum many of their fast fit depots seem more clued up on tpms.

Many sites recommend shrader or t pro sensors which are slightly cheaper than pacific and seem easier to get service kits for.

The biggest issue however seems to be programming,some say lexus only,others toyota can do it,and finally any suitable tyre depot.

If anyone has any experience of this i would love to hear it.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried with my GS but it was a waste of time and money.  The OEM ones are really the only safe bet from my own experience.