Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noticed over past few days that I have a squeak developing, and last night had a good old press down on front off-side and squeaking like the my wifes Jag when some of the bushes were going.

Also have a slight (and sometimes pronounced) vibration at 30-40mph.

Sounds like something needs replacing, not sure if  that would be upper control arm, or something else.

Any ideas, before I call mechanic.

I had the same problem  a few weeks ago,  so I bought some bushes for the  anti roll bar and had my local garage fit them, he put some grease on the T bar, now no more squeaks.     

• Like 1

when my front n/s UCA went I didn't notice any difference to the driving at all ! ...........  it was picked up on the MOT a couple of months later  BUT  I did hear/feel  a slight " tweak " on that side when I was driving up and down the Dolomites just before the new MOT and the UCA failure coming to fruition ...  and at @173k miles I think :unsure:

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

when my front n/s UCA went I didn't notice any difference to the driving at all ! ...........  it was picked up on the MOT a couple of months later  BUT  I did hear/feel  a slight " tweak " on that side when I was driving up and down the Dolomites just before the new MOT and the UCA failure coming to fruition ...  and at @173k miles I think :unsure:

Malc

Malc, only reason I wondered if the vibration was bushes, was because on Vaux Omega when wishbone and bushes were on their way out you used to get vibration. I do recall in my previous LS the car drove fine but it had the UCA slowly giving up, but got through 2 MOTs with no problems.

Makes me wonder if I have a bit of brake judder, just had new Pagid blocks fitted - and I have followed the many many discussions on this form about blocks/disc/judder - so makes me wonder if getting new shims would help, but for the mo will ignore the squeak and wait for the mercury to get back down to the usual British average.

I have a intermittent squeak on the n/s rear, - only happens when I bank right... - i have had the bushes replaced... - still happens.  Any ideas?