Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I tried to use the  above point, for my dash cam,but with no luck, so I used the lighters, and all that happened was they didn't stay in at all--next step was to check the fuse box under the bonnet, there are 3x15Amp fuses to choose from,so I changed all  of them and tried the dash cam/lighters again. Nothing worked, can anyone help me out with this problem---Please

Norman. I have found that with most pieces of equipment that plug into the cigarette lighter sockets

one has to first press down hard and then twist slightly to make a good connection.

I find some plugs do not fit well, and the push and twist can work for a while and  then after a bit works loose, which is why I use better grade USB sockets in the lighter then a seperate cable out of USB socket to the electonic junk  that litters my console.

Does the standard cigarette lighter work, coz if it does not, then maybe a loose connection behind the tray, as I have heard the connectors can fail if flipping ashtray in and out causes a break in the cable.

Have you checked it's actually connected? I had the same issue and it was just unplugged. Someone had removed the trim at some point and forgotten to reconnect it. Easily done. Also easy to check. First, does the light inside the ashtray work when your headlights are on? If so its probably the fused holder (in the socket itself) as a they tend to go. If not then the whole unit isn't getting power so check the connection. The wood trim just pops off if you lever it up using a screwdriver with some tape on the end to protect against damage. There's a small clip that connects the lighter to the car. 

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Hello Matt: I have got the lighters to work after checking them out, it was the small clips inside that had opened up a bit, so I used a small screwdriver  covered in heat shrink and moved them in a bit, now they are working properly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt1986 said:

Have you checked it's actually connected? I had the same issue and it was just unplugged. Someone had removed the trim at some point and forgotten to reconnect it. Easily done. Also easy to check. First, does the light inside the ashtray work when your headlights are on? If so its probably the fused holder (in the socket itself) as a they tend to go. If not then the whole unit isn't getting power so check the connection. The wood trim just pops off if you lever it up using a screwdriver with some tape on the end to protect against damage. There's a small clip that connects the lighter to the car. 

Hope that helps

Thanks Matt will give it a try.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links