Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BMW new 8-Series

Linas.P

Just spotted this one making rounds on the net:

bmw-8-series-806.jpg?itok=L061Mp3z

I don't know about you, but I found it extremely similar shape to LC (though BMW is probably larger car)... 

Almost like BMW and Lexus worked on similar project like Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ

• Like 1

It is possible to summarise it has "classic" coupe shape... just coincidence I guess that both Lexus and BMW releases similar looking cars. Maybe there is piece of market research which we don't know about stating that this is niche market waiting to be filled? 

• 3 weeks later...

This is concept, it has sensors and you swipe across the edge of the door to open them, I am sure production model will have door handles.

I disagree with money pit claim - some BMW and MBs are definitely money pits e.g. E31 v12, E38, E65. MB C215, W220... yes they are money pits. But not all cars are there are plenty big and reliable BMW and MBs. There is nothing wrong with E63/64 or F12/F13 and they are recent "big BMW".. I I don't see why that cannot be the case going forward... We will see.

I thought it looked similar to the LC when I first saw it. Obviously they are both big coupes but the details are similar too. I think it shows how far lexus design has come, they used to copy German styling, now they are the ones ahead of the curve!

• Like 1