Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning!

My LS came with nearly new Bridgestone Portenza on the rear and Bridgestone Turanza on the front.  I believe the car originally came with one of the two.  Is that right?

I need to replace the front, so should i go with Portenza or Turanza, what does any one think?

Had the my car for 10 weeks now, it's been faultless and i'm so pleased i eventually bought one.

Cheers Nick

PS Gave the car a wash on Saturday.  Definitely king of the street!  (well to me)

IMG_2896.thumb.JPG.4c726b465b843c63f7c228362a9e20db.JPG

• Like 2

Hello Nick, my '04 came with  the same combination of tyres although I cannot remember which way round they were.

Although only two thirds worn there was tram lining/nibbling coming through the steering at low speeds [5-15mph] on poor surfaces.

Have so far replaced only the fronts with Avon ZZ5s and the steering is now totally smooth. And they are quiet.

Others on here have recommended them.

Hope your LS430 will give you as much pleasure as mine has given me.

Ah thanks Graham!!  I thought no one cared!!!!

No seriously it's useful to know as when i took the car in for a check over at Lex Tek, the front tyres had more tread so switched them round and I immediately noticed a difference.  It did indeed tram line and could feel it through the wheel, nibbling as you say.  I will try the Avons.

I love the car, the kids love and my wife loves it.  I've forgotten about the MPG and view the car as a whole.  I'm so glad i bought one.

• 3 weeks later...

For the second time around I recently chose Falken ZE914 Ecoruns.  I got 20000 from the first set two and a half years ago and have no complaints.  The price through Oponeo was £74 each, inc VAT.

AFB