Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote key fob intermittent problems

About six months ago, my key fob remote failed to unlock the keys on my LS430.  I left it for 20 minutes, returned, and all was well.  

Last night, the same thing happened; I parked it up, - remote didnt lock the car.  Inside, the unlock button seemed to work, but the lock would not.  All the doors bar the drivers were already locked.  I left the car wit the driver's door unlocked.

Returned 2 hours later, - all doors locked, - remote key fob failed to do anything.  No response from car.  Light on key fob flashing when I press it.

I entered the car with the key, alarm sounded, put the key in ignition and drove off.  30 minute drive, parked, and everything worked absolutely fine again.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem is/was?

It seems to me that it's not the key fob.  The fact that a drive in the car sorted it out, - makes me suspect that something (software wise) was reset.... - maybe i'm wrong... - I'll change the Battery and clean nevertheless, thanks.

The other thing is - these keys - so flimsy... the actual key which comes slides out... looks like it's about to fall away from the fob.. I was grateful it didn't get stuck in the lock !

hmmmmmm I was messing around with blutooth on my satnav the other day - i'll check that I didnt leave it on...  - no other gadgets.  Good shout ;)