Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I currently have an IS220D and looking to move to a GS450h probably 2013ish. I had it for a few hours as a test drive but never really got to explore how well it connects with devices. I am mainly interested in connecting a device to play music (iPod, Memory Card, USB Stick, even an old phone).

For example, is there an auxially port and if so where is it located? Is there a USB and again where is it? Finally, is there a spare memory card slot (not taken up by the SatNav card)? And if so, what is the interface like if you were to have music files on a memory card? Is it a simple folder view with file names or will it pull the ID3 tags from the file and display album art etc?

I know it is a minor detail and won't change my mind about the car (I'm already bowled over by it!) but it would be helpful to know.

Thanks for the hekp in advance

If you talk about GS with HDD and Mark Levinson, it reads USB keys with mp3 audio and and cd/dvds (with video too), meanwhile it's possible to connect via BT a cell phone or tablet to listen audio sources from hem, such as internet radio broadcasts . The file management is not so easy to use but if mp3 files are correctly named you should be able to ask a specific audio file by name or author and system plays it, more difficult to see images of covers (not really sure it's possible).

• Like 1

Thanks for that Luigi - that's great info. My file list is pretty well labelled so that should work.

As the ML sound system is so good, it is a little disappointing that a proper interface hasn't reached the same standard for file management. A basic media player interface similar to iTunes/WMP would have been a great addition.

There's a USB port in the centre console box, along with a nice little tray to place your iPhone/iPod on and keep it out of sight without rattling around in the box. The iPod connection is more full-featured than the basic USB file management - it will actually show album art and tags. The interface still sucks, but that applies to the whole system!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 7:23 PM, Ten Ninety said:

There's a USB port in the centre console box, along with a nice little tray to place your iPhone/iPod on and keep it out of sight without rattling around in the box. The iPod connection is more full-featured than the basic USB file management - it will actually show album art and tags. The interface still sucks, but that applies to the whole system!

That's great info - thanks Jay. Now back to AT to find my perfect GS450h!