Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

j d powers 2017

Yes I saw this. And I was wondering what people thought of the quality of their new Lexus compared to one made several years ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Just saw the JD Powers 2017 list with Lexus on a 16th place just behind toyota....

Did Lexus not dominate this list for years and years?? 

3 hours ago, ISJason said:

Yes I saw this. And I was wondering what people thought of the quality of their new Lexus compared to one made several years ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's almost biased. 

Most complaints are about the infotainment system crashing so that's what pushed it down. Not really to do with quality per se

22 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I think its the J.D Power Initial Quality survey

From that report

"Toyota Motor Corp.’s Kyushu 2 plant (Japan), which produces the Lexus ES and Lexus RX, receives the Platinum Plant Quality Award for producing models with the fewest defects or malfunctions."

"The U.S. Initial Quality Study is based on responses from nearly 80,000 purchasers and lessees of new 2017 model-year vehicles who were surveyed after 90 days of ownership. The study is based on a 233-question Battery organized into eight problem categories designed to provide manufacturers with information to facilitate the identification of problems and drive product improvement. The study was fielded from February through May 2017."

It's not the usual survey one associates with JD Power, which typically would be the Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS)