Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing rear light bulbs

Cheers guys. A pair of bosch 955's are ready to go in. Will tackle this over the weekend.

Only one required. Left side is reversing light,right side fog which is a non replaceable LED.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, capese21 said:

Only one required. Left side is reversing light,right side fog which is a non replaceable LED.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What!?! There's only 1 reversing light?

2 hours ago, Stuart Aspey said:

What!?! There's only 1 reversing light?

yes, one each reversing & fog. So maybe your revering light hasn't blown!!

4 hours ago, matt8 said:

If it fails, what does one do? 

The rear fog light is several LED`s intergral to the light cluster. LED`s typically last for 50,000 hours. How many times have you used your rear fog lights?  Running every day for 24 hours all day it would be 6 years of use!!

They will never need replacing same as the rear lights brake lights etc!! 

I have not worked out why they still use incandescent bulbs for the revering & indicators though.:whistling1:

Ed:yes:

• Like 1

Thanks, @capese21 for the info. 

There will be occasions (how many I don't know) where LED actual lifetime is far lower than expected.

Is it possible to change the whole cluster if a light were to fail? What other LED lights are on that cluster? 

Will change those reversing and indicator lights to LED when they eventually fail.

2 hours ago, matt8 said:

Is it possible to change the whole cluster if a light were to fail?

If you were involved in a rear end shunt then Lexus would no doubt sell you one. I doubt they would fail in normal use though. The IS has all LED rear clusters apart from the indicators & reversing lights.

Even if you half the service life an LED it will last the lifetime of a car. In use for 10 hours a day then around 15 years.  Do you drive 10 hours a day every day with your fog lights or any other light on?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, capese21 said:

If you were involved in a rear end shunt then Lexus would no doubt sell you one. I doubt they would fail in normal use though. The IS has all LED rear clusters apart from the indicators & reversing lights.

Even if you half the service life an LED it will last the lifetime of a car. In use for 10 hours a day then around 15 years.  Do you drive 10 hours a day every day with your fog lights or any other light on?

I was thinking, perhaps broken due to defective manufacturing that causes substantially shorter life, but still working as it leaves the factory. Eg. 100 hours.

Then again, I don't know how LED's work, perhaps it is not possible to have ones that'd perform as miserably as what I was thinking above.