Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all, i'm pretty new here so any help you guys can give would be very valuable, i have a 2005 IS250 SE-L manual, i recently replaced the digitizer as the old one was dead, its been working fine since install, but over the past couple of weeks it only responds when it chooses too, my miss's read that heat can affect them, so as we've had these couple weeks of hot weather i was wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar problems and what you were able to do to solve it, cheers for any help guys :)

Hi Matt,

I can't say I have heard of any particular problems with the touchscreen with regards to temperature.  Mine certainly hasn't shown any signs of issues with the current weather.

Are you sure that all the cables/connectors were securely attached when you fitted the digitizer?  It wouldn't be difficult to develop a loose connection by going over bumps, etc..

hi Shahpor, yes i'm sure that the connections are secure as i pulled the unit out of the car again yesterday to check that very thing, even stuck a small piece of card to help force the ribbon cable onto the connections, when i'd done all that and put it back into the car, i tryed it and it worked for a bit but then stopped completely again, it was working perfect on the inital installation so i don't think its a duff screen otherwise it wouldn't work at all, i'm at a bit of a loss as what to do, suppose i could always try another digitizer from somewhere else and see what happens but i'd rather not if i can help it

Hmm, it is a tricky one to diagnose.

Where did you get the digitizer from?  Does it have a warranty?  It might be worth trying to send it back to see if they replace it?

I assume when it freezes, it is only the touchscreen that doesn't work and the buttons on the left and right still change the screen?

i bought the digitzer from eBay, i've messaged the seller so i'm waiting for a reply, they may send out a new one but i'll have to wait to see what they say.

yes its just the touchscreen that goes, all buttons work as they should

Sorry bud but I can't help with the cause but it seems like a common problem on the usa forums and even some of the reviews state problems with the touchscreen in earlier models. Pre 2008 i think I read.

yeah my miss's had a look and said it seems common in the us for the heat to affect it, so with the recent heatwave we've had maybe its just got a bit hot and needs to cool down properly and then fingers crossed it'll work again