Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Missing micro-sd card

I've just bought a 2013 (63) Lexus is300h Premier and discovered, a little too late, that it didn't come with a micro-sd card for the premium navigation system. I phoned my local Lexus dealer and was quoted £650+vat for a replacement, which I think is rather taking the pee. Would anybody be able to give me the part number please - so I can try to source the part from elsewhere? Thanks in anticipation.

That dealer was taking the *****. Direct from Lexus they are only €220 including delivery from lexus-mapupdates.eu

They are available on eBay as stated above. Generally around £80 for the latest version (0M). Older versions are a bit cheaper (0L, 0K etc)  

They release two versions per year generally around April and October  

IMG_0659.PNG

Thanks for your replies. The problem I had with buying from lexus-mapupdates.eu was that it requires you to enter your existing part number and as I don't have one I couldn't. I did go down the eBay route and bought a card with the part number PZ445-US335-0K but when I put it in it said it couldn't read the card. I wasn't sure if I'd bought from a dodgy seller or if it was the wrong version.

That version should work as it is correct for your premium nav system.

I had the same error with a card purchased off eBay but a replacement worked perfectly.  

Eduardo - I bought it from Ron Skinner & Sons in Tredegar. I did phone them when I'd realised but they fobbed me off with "ummm... we didn't advertise it as have the premium navigation". 

Matt - I got the ridiculous quote from Lexus, Cardiff.

1 hour ago, PeteRog said:

"we didn't advertise it as have the premium navigation".

What a poor response. My reply to that would have been ' and I wouldnt have bought it if I had known the sat nav wasn't working properly'!

6 minutes ago, IS200D said:

What a poor response. My reply to that would have been ' and I wouldnt have bought it if I had known the sat nav wasn't working properly'!

Yes, I certainly would have made more of a fuss if I'd realised the expense and hassle of replacing it. You sort of take it for granted that the sat-nav will be working when you buy a top of the range model.

I would still kick up a fuss as the Premier model has Premium Navigation installed as standard - it isn't optional on this car.  If they advertised it as a Premier than you have the right to expect the navigation to work.  

With the experiences you've had with both Ron Skinner and Lexus Cardiff there is no wonder we often think car dealers are all rogues!

Personally I would complain to Lexus GB that Cardiff tried to charge you so much for a card that is available officially from Lexus themselves for just over a quarter of what they quoted.  

52 minutes ago, pobrown said:

I would still kick up a fuss as the Premier model has Premium Navigation installed as standard - it isn't optional on this car.  If they advertised it as a Premier than you have the right to expect the navigation to work.  

You're absolutely right and have stirred me into action. I've just written a letter of complaint asking to be compensated for the price of the card. Hopefully they'll agree and phone Lexus Cardiff for a quote :)

Thanks again for your help.

PS. sd card apart, I absolutely love the car.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PeteRog said:

....I've just written a letter of complaint asking to be compensated for the price of the card ...

This is all very peculiar.   If the car was formally advertised as a "Premier" or described as such without further qualification in the sales

contract, then the absence of any item of equipment listed in the manufacturer's published specifications for the model would legally be

considered misrepresentation (whether deliberate or in good faith) even when the seller, as in this case, is not the contracted or authorised

representative of the manufacturer.  If you get no satisfaction after your letter of complaint, you would be justified in wheeling out a

solicitor - not that the hassle and expense would necessarily be worth it.

On 25/06/2017 at 7:31 PM, PeteRog said:

You're absolutely right and have stirred me into action. I've just written a letter of complaint asking to be compensated for the price of the card. Hopefully they'll agree and phone Lexus Cardiff for a quote :)

Thanks again for your help.

PS. sd card apart, I absolutely love the car.

Good for you, please let us know how you get on. Just to reassure you that you are doing the right thing, a sd card is very minor in comparison to what I've insisted dealers sort out.

Just thought I'd provide an update on this post.

I managed to find another micro sd card on eBay (the latest version) for £60 and this time it worked fine - result.

I didn't receive a response to my email complaint so phoned the dealer over the weekend and, after a bit of toing and froing, they've now agreed to reimburse the money I spent on the card - double result.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, it was very much appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice one :thumbs_up:

Forums can tend to be a bit doom and gloom since a lot of posts are about problems, so it is always nice to hear of a positive outcome.

• Like 1

Glad you got it sorted. 

The dealer should be grateful as you did all the leg work. If they had bought one from Lexus it would have cost them a lot more. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/4/2017 at 10:28 AM, PeteRog said:

Just thought I'd provide an update on this post.

I managed to find another micro sd card on eBay (the latest version) for £60 and this time it worked fine - result.

I didn't receive a response to my email complaint so phoned the dealer over the weekend and, after a bit of toing and froing, they've now agreed to reimburse the money I spent on the card - double result.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, it was very much appreciated.

Hey, do you have the link to the Micro SD card you bought on ebay? 

I'm having the same issue and Im trying to see if I could save some money before I go buy the $220 SD card from the dealer.