Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My japan racing wheels were looking a bit tatty so I've had them refurbished at flat out alloys in cardiff. I changed the silver for porsche grey metallic with a satin finish and diamond cut spokes for a more OEM finish and to hide the dirt a bit better! Hard to do them justice in photos, they look even better in real life! 

Cost was  £500. All opinions welcome, except @Flytvr 😉

2017-06-24 16.34.53.jpg

2017-06-24 14.39.14.jpg

2017-06-24 16.33.00.jpg

2017-06-24 17.46.21.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

My japan racing wheels were looking a bit tatty so I've had them refurbished at flat out alloys in cardiff. I changed the silver for porsche grey metallic with a satin finish and diamond cut spokes for a more OEM finish and to hide the dirt a bit better! Hard to do them justice in photos, they look even better in real life! 

2017-06-24 16.34.53.jpg

2017-06-24 14.39.14.jpg

2017-06-24 16.33.00.jpg

2017-06-24 17.46.21.jpg

@Rusty Crobar I think they look great an alternative nod to OEM 👍

Big Rat

• Like 2

This is the owners rs6, which runs 700bhp and 285mm tyres all round!

2017-06-25 20.18.29.jpg

@Rusty Crobar Presumably the owner put his index plate in the car as this assists with the understeer as less weight now over the front axle 😂

🐀

• Like 1

2017-06-24 16.34.53.jpg

2017-06-24 14.39.14.jpg

2017-06-24 16.33.00.jpg

2017-06-24 17.46.21.jpg

@Rusty Crobar Don't worry about @Flytvr Russ when he next rings you for 'blanket cover' for his car just tell him no as he tells his current insurer it's kept in the garage the truth is it's just a posh porch with a rug over it 😂

🐀

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar Presumably the owner put his index plate in the car as this assists with the understeer as less weight now over the front axle 😂

🐀

Business must be good with a car like that!!

Wheels look smaller now, really quality finish however.

Good Job Rusty

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

🐀

With 285s up front he must do some speed before the understeer starts! His brother works there and has a modded M5.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, etienne1201 said:

Very nice! What are the spec of your wheels and your tyres?

Fronts are 8.5 inch, et40, 3mm spacer and 255/35. 

Rears 9.5 inch, et40, 3mm spacer and 275/30

10 hours ago, etienne1201 said:

Did you rolled the rear fenders? No rubbing issues?

Standard tyres and no spacers wouldn't rub on the back if you weren't running low suspension but I had to roll the arches. It was only a couple of hundred quid and nobody would ever know so nothing to worry about 🖒

Not sure what the original finish looked like but this finish isn't for me

The job itself looks spot on though. 

As Robb said though, try and get some Lexus centre caps - it'll set the car off great compared to the ones it has on now.

• Like 1

Just now, Rusty Crobar said:

The centre caps are a different size to the standard wheels and there isn't much of market for aftermarket lexus stickers! I'll keep my eyes open though, agree they would look good 🖒

Paint those centre caps black and bond genuine centres to them. Check out the earlier pages of my build thread as i uploaded a couple of photos. Creates a genuine looking centre cap. My alloys are Japan racing also so should have same size caps

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Post 97 on here

and then on the next page you seem them installed in the alloys

Just been reading the thread. Lovely car and you've clearly put a lot of work into it 🖒

2 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Just been reading the thread. Lovely car and you've clearly put a lot of work into it 🖒

Thanks yeah a lot of hard work has gone into it.

• Like 1