Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HID Bulb Info

I want to put HIDs in my car. I have done it before in other cars, but i notice the bulb code for lexus is HB4. I am looking on ECP and they only do H4 or H7. Can I put H4 in them? Or has it got to be HB4?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Dean1309 said:

Hi Martinez,

The HID kit you are looking for is 9006 for dipped beam, 9006 for fog light's, and 9005 for main beam.

https://www.hids4u.co.uk/HB4-9006-HIDS4U-Stealth-35W-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit.html

Hi Mate,

Nice one cheers. Can't afford almost £70 for them, so I have just got a 8000K kit from eBay. Hopefully all goes well. Cheers

6 minutes ago, Dean1309 said:

Hi Mate,

No worries, I'm running the cheap ebay bulbs with the HIDS4U ballasts at the minute and they seem perfectly fine.

I'm sure all will be fine mate.

Dean

Hi Mate,

Yes, just looking at tips of installing them. Seeing its quite a crowded area around the passenger side. What have you done with yours in terms of placement?

Cheers

Hi mate,

Mine are just checked in, a rush job after losing my previous IS200, the passenger side ballast I have placed between the ECU box and and I think its the fuse box, where the washer fluid reservoir is. As for the drivers side I have just placed the ballast against the flat body work of the engine bay behind the headlight and tucked it under a wiring harness.

I couldnt be bothered with tucking them out the way as it was a rush job to get all parts back on the new IS200 after losing my previous one in a crash.

2 minutes ago, Dean1309 said:

Hi mate,

Mine are just checked in, a rush job after losing my previous IS200, the passenger side ballast I have placed between the ECU box and and I think its the fuse box, where the washer fluid reservoir is. As for the drivers side I have just placed the ballast against the flat body work of the engine bay behind the headlight and tucked it under a wiring harness.

I couldnt be bothered with tucking them out the way as it was a rush job to get all parts back on the new IS200 after losing my previous one in a crash.

Wicked Cheers.

Someone write your old one off?

May do the same as mine, as long as they dont get water on, they should ok isnt it? Posted on the Facebook page about it, people are saying not to put them in the halogen housing, but i think its a bit too late now haha, ordered them in before they said it

Hi Mate,

Yes the blue IS200 in my display picture was my first IS, was on the motorway and someone drifted into my lane while they were texting and driving, I swerved out the way before they hit me and i ended up in the central reservation barrier and a complete write off, the boot was squashed right into the back window,  the bonnent and front passenger side wing was pushed back on itself. The car bounced off the barrier a few times.

They are fine as long as you don't get water on them, had mine in that place for 2 years now. I've always run HID's in halogen housing, I can understand why they are saying that as the beam pattern will be scattered rather than directed light. But just see how they are when you put them in.

This is where I installed the ballasts in my IS200. They were attached with double-sided 3M pads and I wasn't concerned about concealing them or anything and had no problems.IS200-13.thumb.jpg.aa77ead6f14bf6cf2f6d88670710a72d.jpg

22 hours ago, Dean1309 said:

Yes the blue IS200 in my display picture was my first IS, was on the motorway and someone drifted into my lane while they were texting and driving, I swerved out the way before they hit me and i ended up in the central reservation barrier

I hope they are accepting liability for this! Can't believe people would so foolish to text while driving, especially on a motorway at high speeds!!

Hi Dinho, this was 2 years ago I lost that car, they denied liability for causing the accident and tried to blame it on me, yet I had to settle for part blame just because I needed a pay out to get another car, made no difference to my insurance as I protected my no claims, my insurance didn't go up at all so I wasn't bothered about it as long as I got a pay out as I needed a car straight away.

Although my IS now is no where near as nice as the one I had but never mind. As for the person texting and driving she got the book thrown at her by the police, prosecuted and then tried to claim personal injury to pay off the huge fine she was hit with for texting and driving. Took a year to be settled by insurers for her claim. I still don't know if she got anything.